Author: waiboshu

What's the weakness of western education system?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-11 15:20:49 |Display all floors
The stupid liberals banned the idea of ' failing ' an exam, so what you get is thick, dumbed down kids who cant read properly or do simple sums.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-13 18:08:08 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2013-2-7 07:48
I am guessing you are Chinese, so for you, Westerner means white. It's quite rare for whites to admi ...

What a racist comment, I am a white Westerner and often comment on the flaws and weaknesses of the West.

The education system in the UK lacks discipline and not enough respect is shown to the teachers, China certainly has the edge on this factor.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2013-2-13 18:30:11 |Display all floors
Westerners education system....   Isn't this a bit too simplified? Education in northern Europe is  different from Italy, Germany's  education system does not equal France's and Europe in general differs from the U.S.  

A discussion about deficiencies or merits of different education systems needs a precise input and not something like west vs. east.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 21:33:04 |Display all floors
As a westerner with a Chinese girlfriend with a 9 year old in school in China, I think the generalization is correct Chinese kids seem to me to have no time to play. In their free time, they take more classes, do more homework, etc. They are much stronger in the more practical subjects relating to science and math, but lack anything creative. They work harder and do more homework. But they don't ever get to be a kid, enjoy heir childhood. Playing for hours at a time is unprecedented.

The US public school systems are getting weaker because politicians are interfering; too much worry about kids' feelings, not enough guts to enforce academic performance. China is the opposite: it sets up its kids to succeed in life. But does not care about their happiness at all.

One could say the same about its government to its citizens...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 22:42:59 |Display all floors
the only reason for the west to go ahead with sooo many advances in technology is just 'cause they robbed & invaded others in order to accomplish all that for themselves...and see how they're in declinin now (money changes ev'rythin...and fast too)  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e113:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-14 01:29:56 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2013-2-7 07:48
I am guessing you are Chinese, so for you, Westerner means white. It's quite rare for whites to admi ...

I've met as many Chinese who see their race/nation as the pinnacle of human perfection or the master race. Is that not why China, in Chinese, is called the "Middle Kingdom"?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-14 01:56:51 |Display all floors
圆缘阁 Post time: 2013-2-14 01:29
I've met as many Chinese who see their race/nation as the pinnacle of human perfection or the mast ...

In ancient times, many kingdoms thought they were the center of the world, the pinnacle of human perfection, like Rome, Egypt, China etc... only China remains now as the civilisation that lasted the longest. Although, in some Western states, you can still see Rome in teh center of world maps.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.