Author: waiboshu

Will you give yourself a Chinese name when you move in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-9 07:39:46 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-9 10:05:57 |Display all floors
I have  one I got many years ago. Now I even have had it legalized and both  my driving license and residence permit show the Chinese name on them.

I think it is useful, especially, like someone said  upstairs, your foreign name is difficult to pronounce for the Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-9 14:55:17 |Display all floors
{:soso_e144:}My English name is Clark, nice to meet you all guys!{:soso_e192:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-10 01:19:51 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-2-8 15:39
have a Chinese name, sounds funny, Do  know where the gringo nick-name comes from..?

gringo...the greek claimed to be theirs but the spanish & portugues claimed to be theirs slang...all i kno the hispanics use it more often in north & south amerika...tell me if you have a differ version  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-10 01:22:39 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-2-8 15:21
My driveway was at about a 45 degree incline going up from street.  A real pain in the a$$ when it ...

many parked cars already buried by the city sanitary department snow plower trucks this early mornin (couldnt even find my chained bike outside...snow covered up entirely)  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-10 01:25:56 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2013-2-8 13:12
超人 Chao Ren

we have a nasty term for laowai/gweilo in my native tongue vietnamese...so filthy that i wouldnt use it here  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-10 02:16:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.