Author: spiderman006

Ban on Spring Festival firecrackers for air?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-6 14:43:30 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2013-2-6 06:01
Nice to see you again escalating in a full out flame war,
over a lame distasteful joke of mine,
an ...

It's not difficult to follow bad influences as set by you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 14:44:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-2-6 06:13
Wadds up, Missie?

Were you trying to say your childhood has just begun?

yeah, wassup sennie?  you can dish it, but can't take it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-7 03:38:23 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-2-6 14:43
It's not difficult to follow bad influences as set by you.

yeah, blame others for your own errors, as expectable.
That's why you can't have nice things.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-7 04:48:43 |Display all floors
not bannin totally and should be a designated area for people to enjoy their new year's firecrackers ritual    ...chinese new year without firecrackers noise is just totally aint right aint humane aint celebration aint anythin at all  {:soso_e109:}{:soso_e135:}{:soso_e114:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-7 16:25:23 |Display all floors
  When people claim that firecrackers are part of Chinese new year tradition, they forget that firecrackers were invented only in the Sung Dynasty (960-1279 AD), and no such tradition existed before that time. In other words, like fashion, traditions are created and then disappear with changing times.
With more than 1.3 billion people now in China, and a population density many more times that of Sung Dynasty, and the proliferation of high-rise buildings all over China, the real danger of fire hazards make the new year firecracker tradition no longer justifiable - not in the densely populated cities anyway. The 2009 Chinese new year fire in Beijing which burned down the broadcast building is a case in point that supporters of the firecracker tradition would do well to remember.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-9 18:51:51 |Display all floors
Hi there!

I would like to help reduce China's fireworks pollution problem.

I think there just needs to be a bit more regulation - use environmentally friendly materials, dyes, and powders. And, in my opinion, don't ban bottle rockets and those tiny firecrackers with the short fuse! One can play with those all day, compared to those strings that disappear so fast... Plus, bans like this are very commonly broken - it encourages low-level corruption.

Anyway... the reason I registered was because I want to advocate for using blackpowder without sulfur. This I assume would mainly affect the fuses.

I used to use this recipe for blackpowder as a teen, to make my own firecrackers (using this same link). I live in a country where firecrackers are banned.

http://www.musketeer.ch/blackpowder/recipe.html

"Use 5 parts KNO3, and 1 to 1.25 parts charcoal (by weight) for best effect." Use the above link, as it contains graphs comparing it with sulfured charcoal (the author tests with a blackpowder rifle).

Note: - another benefit to using this formula is that less smoke is created, the powder is more stable, and it has a higher ignition temperature. (see above article) Safer fireworks for many reasons!

Please spread this information within China - the powder is really good effective, as documented, and would be much less polluting!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.