Views: 9788|Replies: 32

The Shard Home of Sauron ........ ?? [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-1 16:27:46 |Display all floors
The tallest building in Europe (The Shard) has just been completed in London and is set to not only dominate the London sky-line but also the asthetic power in the Eurpean theatre. Is this building beautiful or is it rather just functional and why does it remind one of something else?

the-shard-2.jpg

Is this obelisk shape one of beauty or is there something more sininister here and is it the the new home of the Dark Lord Sauron from the Lord of the Rings. Certainly the top is very similar ........   !   {:soso_e134:}

Barad-dur eye.jpg

Note the placement holders for the terrible eye  .....  !!

Shard eye.jpg

Oh dear!  Run for your lives the NWO is after you   ..........   !!   {:soso_e120:}    {:soso_e120:}    {:soso_e120:}

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-2-1 17:31:40 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-1 20:21:58 |Display all floors
I think this building looks odd just sticking into the air from nowhere  ..........

Barad Dur  .........     !     

The tower of the Dark Lord  ...........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-1 21:06:28 |Display all floors
I rather like the building; compare it to the slab of uninspired concrete dystopia (Guy's hospital) hunched next to it. I've seen critics blaming the shard (and other recent additions) for the destruction of London's skyline, which is laughable considering most of London's skyline over the last 40 years has consisted of ugly squat groundscrapers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-1 21:17:57 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2013-2-1 21:06
I rather like the building; compare it to the slab of uninspired concrete dystopia (Guy's hospital)  ...

We have some rather odd and ugly building here in Beijing .........

But I just thought the bits at the top of the Shard will be great when the Dark Lord reappears  .......   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-1 21:21:34 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2013-2-1 21:17
We have some rather odd and ugly building here in Beijing .........

But I just thought the bits a ...

Its pinnacle does rather lend itself to the flaming eye as you demonstrate! Now... how to get a volcano started in central London.. *ponder*

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-1 21:32:18 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2013-2-1 21:21
Its pinnacle does rather lend itself to the flaming eye as you demonstrate! Now... how to get a vo ...

You might light some of the gas that comes out of the politicians there  .........

That should be plenty enough to start that endothermic reaction ..........     

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.