Author: vincent01

Chinese protest-style: Migrant workers ask for overdue pay   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-30 12:11:42 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-30 12:14:57 |Display all floors
I really get ashamed of the society we are living in. the post just disclosed the tip of the iceburg, facts are far more than that. To get their overdue payment, the migrant workers even resorted to death, what if that happened in a jural country? to get the blackhearted boss severe punished or let it emerged here and there.
I totally sympathize the migrant workers that even made some extrodinnary reaction on the overdue pay issue, most of them just took a peaceful and unharmful action because they only demond to get back their salary, no else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-30 12:26:36 |Display all floors
at the end of every year, such pieces of news about migrant workers' unpaid wages sprawled on the internet, tvs and almost every media that you can imagine.

it may be the employers' responsibility for the unpaid wages in the first several years, but if these issues can happen year after year, then our government can not be free from related responsibility neither.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-30 13:31:31 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-1-30 12:11
You are not reading, not defending the dishonest Chinese bosses, but labor problems exist everywhe ...

I hope so as well.  But the laws have to be enforced and sometimes that is a problem here, especially at the local levels.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-30 13:33:20 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-1-30 12:04
I will narrowed it for you

Americans were pushed to their limit in the recession and its afterma ...

Just like most of the European countries are now.  Sad situation.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-30 13:38:22 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-1-30 12:00
Nope. And Nope.   At least a movement is going on in the USA to try to improve the situation, not  ...

I have to say that China's freedom gained a great progress from Deng's reform.

For example:
Before 2000, if a student graduated from a local university, he could only choose a work in local province, not any other province.
Before 2000, if a student graduated from a university owned by one certain department, he could only work in the economy controlled by that department.
If not, they have to hand in a large amount of extra tuition.

After 2000, things were improved a lot. University Students began to pay more much tuition. University graduates could choose a work around China.  
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-30 13:44:46 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2013-1-30 13:38
I have to say that China's freedom gained a great progress from Deng's reform.

For example:

That is the way it is most civilized countries!  One important factor, if the student decides to work in another province other than his/her hukou province they are not entitled to social benefits.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.