Author: voice_cd

Can Chinese save face and save money?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-28 14:39:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ghosty at 2013-1-28 14:42
greendragon Post time: 2013-1-28 13:29
Luxury dining at BANQUETS.

Serving to each individual diner, BITE SIZE portion as needed.

Those  luxury Chinese food are FROM USA OR EUROPE

stupid soldier Greendragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 14:57:13 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-1-28 14:07
Poverty, drugs, environmental pollution, sex exploitation are also a world-wide problems; so accor ...

Robert is a poor clown

dont listen to  him

he is a shame

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 15:24:29 |Display all floors
   it is too hard to understand what the author said .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 16:15:27 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-1-28 11:08
Every nation throws out food. Every nation has poor people living on the fringes of society.
Do yo ...

your reasonable analysis is worth noticing.  

In China, it's face-saving culture that results in the vanity and ostanation.  What about USA?  What caused the problem in your country? Please give an explaination .
Being parents, we should set rules for our kids to follow and also give them free space to develop t ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 16:49:20 |Display all floors
Quote” Uneaten food allows hosts to "gain face," as they would otherwise be considered stingy or lacking in finances if diners ate everything on the table.”Unquote
-----------------------------
I believe at least the government got a strong point there, that is not only serving the wasted food but also puts another hurdle to corruption in general.
The luxury restaurant business is akin under these new rules already. And it will show after a short time to what extend the wastage went onto the account of officials.
Not everybody is going to a restaurant to throw big parties or dinners when they go out. The normal situated Chinese goes to restaurants much more often than westerners do. An usually they would pack left-over’s and take it home.
A pity is however, that there are no numbers published about what happens with the “wasted food” that’s carried out by the waitresses. Will personnel have to benefit from that, are there charity instances receiving such food or is it sorted by end users and finally fed to duck, pig ect.?
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 17:52:12 |Display all floors
I support efficient spending.  I believe that efficiency is the way to the stars.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 22:54:34 |Display all floors
an item, a habit  of joy and hospitality and the party wants it destroyed.

cruel. cruel.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.