Author: Smaug

Trying to understand my Chinese girlfriend. HELP!   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-4-26 10:12:25 |Display all floors
Unfortunately a 39 year Old Single woman in China is not big in the open market...27 is the majic number in China...once a women is single and 27 she is considered OLD....39 Fugetaboutit...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-26 22:24:22 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-4-26 10:12
Unfortunately a 39 year Old Single woman in China is not big in the open market...27 is the majic nu ...

I probably don't have to tell YOU this, snappysammy, but for to the Chinese here, let me say that it is hard for me to imagine this kind of culture. There must be a lot of sad women!

When my paternal grandfather died, my grandmother re-married several years later, to a man whose wife had died. She was in her 60s at the time.

Here in the US, we worry when a person has been divorced multiple times, not about age. If an older man marries a younger woman, most people will look at the couple and think: a) "That guy is a dirtbag. He only wants a naive young woman to have sex with." and b) "What a strange lady! That guy is old enough to be her father! She must be after his money..."

In short, those couples are never really respected by the general public, even if they are sincere.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-4-28 08:28:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by snappysammy at 2013-4-28 08:29

The last  thing I would want is a Cougar   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-30 04:47:04 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-4-28 08:28
The last  thing I would want is a Cougar

Hmmm. You said you've been divorced 3 times, right?

So maybe you're not chosing wisely for yourself. Maybe you SHOULD consider cougars, someone nice and stable instead of some hot young thing who can have her pick.

(Others: "cougar" is an American term for an attractive middle aged lady who is "on the prowl" for love and sex)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-30 04:51:42 |Display all floors
The divorce is final. I'm moving out this Saturday.

We'll buy airfare to see each other again in June and July and maybe October too.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-4-30 08:10:14 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-4-30 04:47
Hmmm. You said you've been divorced 3 times, right?

So maybe you're not chosing wisely for yours ...

Lets agree to disagree....You can do your thing with a Cougar.... AND I'll go for the HOT young Thing...Now that I know you don't have to marry them if you have sex... I think 3 is my lucky number...I also have five kids...that's enough KIDS...I found out a little late about Condoms...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-3 18:29:54 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-4-30 04:51
The divorce is final. I'm moving out this Saturday.

We'll buy airfare to see each other again in Ju ...

I already have a Chinese wife whom I met by chance in China and not through any kind of agency. She is also divorced with a son, so I guess we have (had) some things in common. A few points come up;

If she has a good job in China why does she want to leave her family and move to another country?
Did she introduce you to her parents (Chinese equivalent of getting engaged)?
Will she easily be able to find work in your country (maybe within the same company)?
Had you considered moving to China?
Have you looked into the issues of income required by you when considering her immigration?
Have you looked into how you will bring her over (fianceé visa?) and how long you have before you must marry?
Have you looked for information and advice from fellow Americans on  THIS Forum

BTW you can ignore "advice" from some in this thread as anything to do with laowai is going to be bad {:soso_e147:}

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.