Author: Smaug

Trying to understand my Chinese girlfriend. HELP!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-27 05:28:04 |Display all floors
You need to get to know your girlfriend better

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-27 05:40:07 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2013-1-27 05:13
Because she's trying to accelerate things to get that green card by making you jealous and would ...

Nah. She knows it will be months and months, due to the divorce.

By the way, are you trolling me? It sure feels like it. ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-27 05:40:56 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-1-27 05:28
You need to get to know your girlfriend better

I'm working on it Pond! (or I wouldn't be here) ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-27 10:13:35 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-1-27 05:40
I'm working on it Pond! (or I wouldn't be here) ;)

ok

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 06:28:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by exportedkiwi at 2013-1-28 06:29
Smaug Post time: 2013-1-25 12:16
Seneca: "But you might be alarmed at it for a different reason: He might follow his words through wi ...

Maybe she just want's to be sure it's the "real" thing before she openly acknowledges you publically.
With you being in your country and her in hers, and with a youngster thrown into the mix, as well as your current marital situation, she is probably just being cautious and I can't blame her.
Once bitten, twice shy remember, especially if she's a single mom thousands of miles from the one you "love".

I still can't understand, however, how 3 weeks makes such an indeligible imprint that you're sure about everything. It's easy to be nice for a few weeks, especially if you come over here with a fair bit of money and show them a good time but real life isn't like that, as I'm sure you know.

There are other issues such as whether the natural father has any input into the childs life etc, the real reason for both of your divorces and a myriad of other things.

Best you both examine yourselves very carefully because once you get her to your country, which isn't easy (especially with a child), things can either be great or spiral downhill very very quickly!

All I have to say is; take each day as it comes and as long as you're talking, that's a positive but talking in itself, does not a lasting relationship make!

Best of luck to you both, and the young one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 07:23:38 |Display all floors
Thanks, exportedkiwi. Her child's natural father has no input to his son's life; he's moved on and started a new family. No contact at all.

We are not in a rush; realistically, it will take over a year to finish my divorce and see each other a few more times, to make sure. Then, if all is still going well, we'll marry.

As for 3 weeks making an indelible imprint, remember that it is in addition to chat, email, and phone conversations nearly every day.

Yep, we have a lot of waiting to do now. That's going to be the hard part.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-15 23:02:21 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-1-28 07:23
Thanks, exportedkiwi. Her child's natural father has no input to his son's life; he's moved on and s ...

hey, how is everything going there?  did my suggestion help?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.