Author: DSseeing

What's your favourite Chinese brand?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-22 14:48:03 |Display all floors
Competition bicycles: GIANT (I have 2 Giant trinity tri bikes)
Sports wear: Li Ning (argueably the most comfortable, durable and well made long distance running shoes and long distance gear)
Automotive: Yema Auto (Sichuan) - Taking the base of a Rover maestro discontinued car and sold to a Chinese company in Jilin, first, now they build CUVs at a low cost peice that include onboard GPS. We own 3 F12 models in our company and so far so good!
Automotive: BYD (Shenzhen) - The BYD battery system is the best around the world.  No arguments here. The cars are not only well designed but very well build.
Electronics: Lenovo mobiles - While most people go bananas to buy iPhones, Samsungs et altri, the Lenovo mobiles are well made and reliable with all the applications you may want and need.
Food & Beverage: Hai Di Lao (Sichuan hot pot) - Not only excellency in the food and spicy soups but extraordinary service to customers that include, manicure, free shoe shinning, free snacks, table games, young customers' attendant service, children's play area etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-22 14:52:40 |Display all floors
B2B & B2C: Alibaba- Jack Ma just had the right idea and he put it forward at the right time. This is the marketplace of the world for businesses to get in touch with other busnisses.
                 Taobao- A "child" of the above but this time for customers to buy stuff online. Anything from medicines to garments. Improved with the "safe payment system" that allows a customer to return the product up to 7 days after with no penalty at all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-22 14:53:54 |Display all floors
All the above, and many others that would take the whole CD space to post, are the examples of Chinese brands that are recognized not only IN China, but abroad as well!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-22 14:55:35 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2013-1-22 14:48
Competition bicycles: GIANT (I have 2 Giant trinity tri bikes)
Sports wear: Li Ning (argueably the m ...

Giant - only known outside of China by bicycle enthusiats
Li Ning - The copycat King.
Yema Auto - not known outside of China
BYD - only known outside of China because Warren Buffet is an investor
Lenovo - Not known until they purchased the IBM PC COmpany a few years.
Hai Di Lao - not known outside of China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-22 15:02:00 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-1-22 14:55
Giant - only known outside of China by bicycle enthusiats
Li Ning - The copycat King.
Yema Auto -  ...

Giant - Fuzhou city (3rd tier city) 3 shops. Monthly sales + 10000 bikes (The GM is a triathlete as I am and we train together when I am around)
Li Ning - In sportswear, when you are talking a t-shirt, shoes, there's little space for innovation. Says a lot that in between the top world 5 marathon runners, 3 dress Li Ning.
Yema Auto - Sure enough! Their next move....South East Asia and Africa (Ready to export 20K vehicles annually)
Hai Di Lao - Sichuan hot pot in the land of fish and chips? Give me a break!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-22 15:02:05 |Display all floors
Huawei & ZTE
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-22 15:02:35 |Display all floors
Haier
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.