Author: ttt222

Does US have plans to start a new Cold War?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-17 16:18:48 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2013-1-17 18:16
all countries do this even Australia

So why all the hullabaloo about China!!! Please get off that donkey, it's tired.
you may think you live outside the box, but your really just inside another one.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-1-17 16:22:13 |Display all floors
woshier Post time: 2013-1-17 16:18
So why all the hullabaloo about China!!! Please get off that donkey, it's tired.

there is enough talk of war on this site, with people who don't know what they are talking about

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 16:24:36 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2013-1-17 18:22
there is enough talk of war on this site, with people who don't know what they are talking about

Yes, so please stop yourself from making stupid remarks.
you may think you live outside the box, but your really just inside another one.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-1-17 16:34:51 |Display all floors
woshier Post time: 2013-1-17 16:24
Yes, so please stop yourself from making stupid remarks.

and you as well

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-17 17:26:07 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2013-1-17 14:11
Edit: You confused me a little, realism (pragmatic as you say) is the current stance of China.

Ma ...
will China do this great thing for the rest of humanity? This is the question that many people should be asking.

Agreed  .........   !

I would very much like to see China take a pragmatic stance, but I cannot see one from their point of view unless they 'give-in' to these latest manipulated problems.

I do not think it is in dispute that China had a far better maritime record than the surrounding countries and the biggest fleets. Therefore, they are more likely to have the main claim in shipping and discovery in the past. A bit like Britain and that is I feel part of a justified position.

As far as the Ryukyu Islands this should never have come about in the first place. Japan relinquished all claims to territory other than the four main Japanese Islands and the Ryukyu were slated for joint administration by the US and China for two years before independence, this never happened and when in 1972 the US handed back civil rule to Japan it could easily have included a proviso on the Senukau Islands to prevent any problems.

But they ignored this and are now making billions in weapons sales to the region ...........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-17 17:54:49 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2013-1-17 14:53
Wait a minute ... what the US did in Asia 30, 40, 50 years ago is irrelevant and should not be disc ...

What a great question! Did it take a long time to think it up or did it just rush in and grab you  ......    !

Let me see if I can help a little here although I have already explained it to one other before .......

I am not sure if you know this or not, but Mao has been for some reason or other missing from the halls of power since 1976 and I believe he has said very little since that same time. Now I think that we can assume by his deafening silence that he is no longer interested in modern politics and therefore has no input in what happenings today in 2013 other than an old opaque ideology  .......

Similarly one might say that the GLF and CR have little impact today other than some people in the CR who are now in their 60's missed some of their education and maybe even have some guilty memories of their own part .........

I believe all three of those items are history and are not in opposition to the world in 2013. In other words 'dead-history' with a line drawn under them  .........

OK  ..........   !

In 1945 the USSR and the US split a sovereign country in two of which many modern historians (Weatherby, Cummins, Halliday) lay much of the blame on the US for their unhealthy anti-communist paranoia, and the fact that the US did not need S. Korea as they already occupied Japan. It was it has been suggested in fact the opportunity to gain a foothold on the Asian mainland and Korea as you know remains divided to this day in 2013 ..........

That action in 1945 led eventually to the Korean War of which there is no peace treaty to this day in 2013. Most of the actions that happened in Asia concerning the US are actions which stretch back through history for 60 years and those actions are current and ongoing in 2013.

The US is still stationed in Japan, the Korean War has not ended, and the US sells high tech weaponry to Taiwan. All these actions that started in the past are still current today in Asia in 2013.

Now  ...........  !!

If the US were to withdraw from Asia and leave Asian politics to Asians then it might be feasible to suggest that a line had been drawn under the past and it was history  ........

But that will never happen unless Yellowstone Park ruptures which it is due for as we speak ........  !

In summary: Mao, the GLF and the CR are fossilized history, and the actions of the US since 1945 have a lot of history which still affect the present in 2013 ........

Do you get it now  ........   ??      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 17:57:28 |Display all floors
woshier Post time: 2013-1-17 15:05
The USA HAS ALWAYS been about it's own good, even when pretending to care about others

Cheers  ..........     

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.