Author: ttt222

Does US have plans to start a new Cold War?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-17 13:19:33 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2013-1-17 12:01
Maybe i didn't make myself clear about what i mean by realism.

I was actually talking about this: ...

Realists believe that there are no universal principles with which all states may guide their actions. Instead, a state must always be aware of the actions of the states around it and must use a pragmatic approach to resolve problems as they arise.

Hmmmm  .........  !!!

So for China what would a 'pragmatic' stance look like  ..........  ??

Roll over and die maybe  ........ ?   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 14:11:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2013-1-17 14:52
expatter Post time: 2013-1-17 13:19
Hmmmm  .........  !!!
So for China what would a 'pragmatic' stance look like? (...) Roll over and die maybe?

Edit: You confused me a little, realism (pragmatic as you say) is the current stance of China.

Maybe after you partly probably learned a little bit about how the main of the theories on international relations work you should re-read my text in order to understand that i don't mean "Roll over and die" but rather "discontinue realism" meaning: don't start wars, bully other countries into doing your bidding etc because China simply became stronger now. Also, i'm leaning towards China's side on this because by saying this i'm hoping for the best for all of the world who will be affected by the rise of China.

So, what i wrote was that the U.S. is too much into realism, almost everything that the U.S. does seems to be guided by it. Now, a new huge force probably arises (China) that can break this very bad vicious circle, will China do this great thing for the rest of humanity? This is the question that many people should be asking.

It is a great (and very rare)opportunity for change, China having different traditions, looking at certain things from a different (non-western) point of view etc could change how things work.
If China doesn't do it (and continues like it seems that it currently does) then it will be business as ussual, meaning: wars over resources with lame excuses etc etc. That will not be worse than the U.S. or the U.K. etc did before China in the past (actually a multi-polar world *rather than only the U.S. being the boss* will probably be automatically a little better unless it leads to a world war) but anyway that doesn't mean that i have to like it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 14:53:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 14:56:59 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2013-1-15 18:20
Is China planning a new cold war?

No, the USA is, and this is obvious.
The USA needs a perceived enemy to justify it's military spending.
It creates conflict on purpose, It has done this many times.
Google it.
you may think you live outside the box, but your really just inside another one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 14:58:52 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-1-16 14:00
The obscenely rich who own the military industrial complex in the USA need a new cold war to satisfy ...

Spot on!!!
you may think you live outside the box, but your really just inside another one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 15:03:10 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-1-16 23:43
exactly, because cold war means that business goes worse, and China is focused on economy growth as ...

Yeah, not good for China, but, it is good for the USA, and this is the problem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 15:05:53 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2013-1-17 13:49
That is simply not a realistic position  .........

The US has run the policy game in Asia for 60  ...

The USA HAS ALWAYS been about it's own good, even when pretending to care about others

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.