Views: 54494|Replies: 194

The Malice of Alice …….. !!!!   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-14 13:51:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2013-1-14 13:58

I was recently going to make a reply to ‘ericinchina’ (Talk to China Daily › New Year gifts to BBS members   post #114) with reference to some experiences with Porches and decided to visit his ‘homepage’.

It was here when I saw his messages that something greatly startled me ……..

Ericinchina joined the forum: Reg date:  2012-4-29 19:15, and he wrote something which I thought gave too many family details to others so I wrote a message to him:  

expatter 2012-7-30 16:40

Hi there and welcome to the forum .........

Thank you for your stories and as a long-term resident of China I can associate with these ideas myself  .........

May I be so bold as to give a little advice here  .......

There are some members who are very spiteful when it comes to attacking other posters and the writer of that thread is no exception. If you accidentally find yourself in disagreement they may well use this idea, (I have removed this part from the original post) posted by you to say some very nasty things about your wife as a means to hurt you.

Might I suggest that you press the 'edit' button at the lower part of the post and change that line to something more ambiguous .....

Kind regards  ............  

Enjoy the forum ......

Cheers  ......

When I visited ericinchina’s site theother day I found this message above that:

alicebrooke 2012-8-4 19:58

I am sure that expatter can testify as to who is the most spiteful, odious, obnoxious, amoral, presence on this forum is. IT`S ME!! What? You disagree? I can assure you that I am light-years more disagreeable than your disagreement with me. Did I just contradict the previous statement I made, or is someone losing the thread. HELL!! Its me losing the thread. I am the most self-deprecating person on this forum, or at least I was until someone self-deprecated me to a greater degree. Who was that ... ...

(I cannot read the rest)

Followed by:
    ericinchina 2012-8-5 00:49

As I do not know you, I can but guess.

Alicebrooke is now in ericinchina’s friends list ……….

It would seem clear to me that our‘Alice’ is very economical with the truth, and in fact this is outright slander from her towards myself.

When Alice joined I had her down as an eccentric with her ideas about being watched by the police and starting an underground revolution. Additionally, the savant like quality of her writings made me very wary that the ‘elevator did not go all the way to the top floor’, and she might well be one of those wandering around a community who needed better care  ……..

I did have a minor spat with Alice over word syntax but nothing more than that in fact here are two mails from her:

alicebrooke 2012-2-11 20:52

Oi ! You. Wake up and attend to these matters.

And .........

alicebrooke   2012-6-9 17:44

And just where have you been, huh? Up to no good, I`ll bet! Your absence on this forum was noticed.

Well...in the meantime, I have managed to infuse some degree of order and a proper sense of decorum into forum proceedings, with varying degrees of success; the riff-raff insist - from time to time - in putting their noses in where they are not wanted. I put my foot down with a firm hand whenever I espy this type of tomfoolery by rebuffing their intrusions with certain alacrity. So...if you should receive any harassment to your good self, then just give me a holler, and I will deal with the problem, promptly and peremptorily.There`s no malice in Alice...yet - let us keep it that way.

One final point. Are you going to affirm my friend request, or are you just going to sit there gawping out of the window, or contemplating your navel while twiddling your thumbs, and dreaming of inconsequential idealised situations that ain`t never going to occur?

Yes, I know - Decisions! Decisions!

You will note these are dated February and June and her mail to ericinchina is dated August. I had no dealings with Alice this year and preferred to ignore her as can be seen by her mail, and I did not join her friends list.

Her scurrilous attack on me to a private mailbox tells me more about the ‘Malice of Alice’ than anything else could. When I checked her homepage it states there that she has 512 friends in this forum, and I would suggest that one should be very careful when dealing with this less than honest poster who has a mania for collecting posters to her friends list, and using the PM to make hidden and vociferous posts about other members.

You have been warned  ……..  !

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-1-14 14:06:06 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-14 20:19:52 |Display all floors
She's puddled, absolutely barking mad.

Especially if she hasn't had her 700mg of clozapine *
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-14 20:30:25 |Display all floors
Expatter, do not post Private messages. These things are confidential. If I can understand you need to ask the permission of the other party involved to post such things.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-14 20:34:33 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2013-1-14 20:19
She's puddled, absolutely barking mad.

Especially if she hasn't had her 700mg of clozapine *

You mean  ......   ?

Oh dear  ...........  !!!   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-14 20:35:34 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2013-1-14 20:30
Expatter, do not post Private messages. These things are confidential. If I can understand you need  ...

If something is in the public domain it cannot be confidential ..........  

Right  .......  !?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-14 20:48:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by manoj10 at 2013-1-14 17:51
expatter Post time: 2013-1-14 17:35
If something is in the public domain it cannot be confidential ..........  

Right  .......  !?

Yes, and what about me posting personal details. I had never done that to anyone except for one person. However it was not something he said on the forum, I went in and did underground stuffs to do that. I had never resorted to posting personal details anyone unless the other guy went out of the limit.

He started posting email exchanges, PM's and other stuffs which are subjected to confidentiality. And tried to blackmail me with that for a month. Not only that non stop racial slurs, disclosure of my name and calling me with sugar coated racial slurs. In the New Year PM I told you I regret using personal attacks on family members, but he accused you of bias, that's the mentality of the guy and its one of the lowest. I had known almost 30 members of this forum and I would never reveal anyone's personal details even at the face of death. I always hold the confidentiality of the personal details. Nor that I would stoop so low to attack Rudi's Philiphines wife nor his nationality or work which he said some years before. Not only that he had been trying to post my personal details in the forum for the past one month, trying to find my phone number and other personal details. None of the information that I had posted had been from the details in the forum. It was purely because of my skills. I will always hold my ethics. Thanks. And I had made a new year oath of not doing such things. I just wanted to make things clear. Thanks.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.