Author: expatter

Define China Bashing ……. ?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-1-9 20:51:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-9 20:47
I personally think China has done no worse than the West in terms of BASHING. For the Chinese it h ...

I could be too harsh.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-9 20:51:20 |Display all floors
I believe to know how to explain the "perception-problem".

----

Imagine the "empires of a certain Hitler, Mussolini, etc." would be here and now, right in the Internet-era of the year 2013.

Go to any Internet site of the 3rd German Reich, lets go the BBS of "Peoples Observer" (Völkischer Beobachter), a state owned, propaganda media, a mouthpiece of the NSDAP.

What will you expect in such a forum, if you are an American, logging in from New York, and start shouting about the NSDAP, about the crazy leader Adolf Hitler, about "Human Rights blah blah blah".

You will be quickly cursed by all those loyal super-patriots, you will be called a German-hater and a German-basher.

Because ?  Those nationalists in that forum "identify" themselves with the regime, with the system, they feel it as a personal insult.

Okay, China is NOT the 3rd Reich, but there are similarities in abundance.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-9 20:51:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-9 20:44
He is still writing his memoirs. He is not the youngest anymore, so his memories go back a loooo-

i´m not the youngest too, meo wenti, .... who is leading the CD VIP 2012 currently? you or he? doesn´t matter that much i think......relax dear GENTLEMAN
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-9 20:55:15 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2013-1-9 20:44
Keep it quiet and I will get you on 10% ........

18% and a Villa at Starnberger-lake, deal?
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-9 20:57:35 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-9 20:47
I personally think China has done no worse than the West in terms of BASHING. For the Chinese it h ...

Did you notice you said .............

"There was a time" .........

So does that make it OK now  .........   ?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-9 20:59:15 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2013-1-9 20:49
Erin Brockovitch, is not a good name in Australia, she sold out years ago. I will join you with th ...

If I am wrong I will very very sad because I do have faith in the progress that only really can get done at a rate that will not be too hard and ruin the results  ........

If I am wrong I will need some extra cases  .......     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-9 21:02:40 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-9 20:38
Every other country has had a "dark past" too, not just China. We can divide every country's past in ...

I think I was quite careful to set this thread up under the premise of  ........

‘that China Bashers care about where China can do better’  .......

Which I think is an excellent thought if the author means it  ............

Therefore is the criticism constructive and have the interests of the Chinese at heart ......

Or is it just a heartless attempt to bash China  .......

Big difference there  ........   !!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.