Author: sunnylin01

Will you drink tap water?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-1-8 15:54:52 |Display all floors
onceaknight Post time: 2013-1-8 12:08
I will in the UK  most certainly drink on adverage 6-8 glasses in the mornings, however in China I h ...

We don't drink the tap water directly. We usually boil the water and drink it when it cools down. Do you drink tap water directly in the UK?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-8 16:05:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-8 17:17:50 |Display all floors
Recent studies suggest that UK tap water is safer than expensive bottled water. I guess wherever you live the enzymes in your stomach become acclimatised to the water (and food) you consume and build up a resistance to bugs. Tourists are recommended to avoid tap water, salad (uncooked) food and ice unless the source is reliable.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-8 17:39:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-1-8 17:40

I drink tap-water after boiling, and I think, that it is OK

Usually I use simple item that boils, and then keeps the water at about 90C (or 60C -  another setting).
It is good for cooking, hot drinks, and making ice.
I know that i will not be good against chemicals and physical pollution, but kills probably 99% or more germs and other living species that I wouldn't invite to my body.

For a cold drinking water I use bottled (one of good Chinese brands - but not crazy expensive).

For a family I would just use filters to clean tap-water, but now for me this "system" is safe enough.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-8 19:36:19 |Display all floors
NEVER! if you ever had a look to the inner side of the fresh-water-pipe you wouldn´t too.
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-8 20:15:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-8 20:30:04 |Display all floors
The question is if the bottled water is much better. Also with the 0,5l PET bottle fashion, the environment is crying under the tons of waste...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.