Author: waiboshu

Yellow is the new red? do you agree with new traffic rule? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-4 11:22:25 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-1-4 11:18
The car is registered to the owner; if someone else is driving the car still the owner is responsi ...

Most Chinese drivers treat traffic signals as decorations, just something to look at.  And I know the other part about the owner, but still stupid.  But what do you expect from here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-4 11:27:09 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-4 11:30:20 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-1-4 11:27
I know this to, Chinese drives boarders to criminal conduct, but they have to start somewhere and  ...

They need to force the traffic cops to actually do their job.  Depending on the camera system is not working because the Chinese drivers do not care about safety.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-4 11:39:42 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-4 11:53:05 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-1-4 11:39
Look I agree with you, the new directive is only as good if enforced but as usual never happens in ...

I drive too and I totally agree with you.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-4 12:04:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-1-4 12:10

first - I've seen some cars stopped by the policemen for traffic rules violation and even random checks (usually only papers)

second - why to employ more cops if the law can be enforced by cameras?

Is the ticketing owner of the car so strange? He can always point out who was actually driving (it can be also identified on the some new generation cameras). This enforcement method is also practiced in many other countries, so I don't find it strange at all.

camera have no "lunchbreak" or"cigaretebreak" or other practiced "breaks", physical distance to the "operational center" preserves from most often practiced bribe (for the traffic cop that stops the driver), and recently used camera systems can automatically:
- detect red light violation
- detect wrong lane turn
- traffic accident or intersection blocking
- register and recognize plates
- register and recognize "fee stickers" on the windscreen
- register the driver's face (some also can recognize - depending on picture quality and software used and database connection)

my friend was warned by the cop to be more careful, because He was driving to long with no break (on the highway) - so He must have been identified by some cameras, maybe partially automatic?

_______

but of course YELLOW light can NOT be treated as red - because sudden stop can cause a lot of danger for other cars

I think that in this case someone wanted to be "more saint than the god"...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-5 10:37:37 |Display all floors
Those who crash into the back of another motorist are guilty of not keeping the necessary safety distance to the motorist in front. That yellow light could be a child also.

Where the captain stands is the front and if the captain stands in the back, than the back is the front!
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.