Views: 9860|Replies: 3

Question about new HSK [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-4 00:47:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by querist at 2013-1-4 00:48

Hello, can anyone tell me about how the new HSK levels relate to matters such as attending college or working in China? I am trying to set a learning goal based on the HSK and I need to determine where I should aim. What level do you need to teach a subject in which you have a PhD (from an English-speaking university) in a Chinese university in Mandarin? Thanks!

(This is just a hypothetical situation - I'm trying to figure out what I would need if I wanted to do my current job - computer science professor - in China and in Mandarin rather than in the USA and in English.)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-4 16:06:24 |Display all floors
The new system has 6 levels, to teach Computer Science using Chinese at University Level, you would need at least level 5. But, professional vocabulary would also obviously be essential.

http://english.hanban.org/
Mr. Daniel Walsh (BEng/工学学士, MSc/理学硕士)

E-Mail/电子邮箱: daniel_hs_walsh@hotmail.com
LinkedIN Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/danielhswalsh

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-5 02:58:27 |Display all floors
Thanks, Daniel! That's exactly what I needed to know. I'm aiming to take the level 5 exam, so I'm on track.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-18 13:26:08 |Display all floors
i thinks talking more to people and practice oral chinese is more important than participating in the exam,because we chinese never attend that kind of exam, and just like you never participate in the TOElF or GRE in your country i think, In china college,it is stipulated that students should get level6 english to graduate,and  i think such exam is a little ridiculous for native english speakers.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.