Views: 10901|Replies: 19

Chinese men and their Russian brides   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-12-27 15:43:26 |Display all floors
The Russian Far East area is now reflecting on the phenomenon of marriages between local women and Chinese migrant workers. More women and fewer men in Russia are indisputable facts. These photos were shot by Russian photographer Alexander.
1.jpg

Chinese farmer Jack, 42 years old, and his wife Kate, 26-year-old. [sinonet.org]

Jack and Kate, who live in Burtaphca Village in the Russian Far East, are engaged in growing vegetables in greenhouses.

"My friend set me up with him. He often bought me gifts when we were in a romantic relationship. Now we have been together for five years and have two kids. He still can speak only a little Russian, much better than when he had just arrived here though. When he had just got here, he could only say one Russian word-eat," Kate said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-27 15:44:40 |Display all floors

1.jpg

Gu (a Chinese surname), 40 years old, his young wife Tatiana, 25, and their two children [sinonet.org]

Gu and Tatiana are both farmers in the Burtaphca Village.

"I met him in the summer when I was 16. I went to play on a farm with my friends and he came over to me and asked me to teach him Russian. I thought he was so much older than me and since I could help him, why not? He kept looking at me on the farm. My family was opposed to our marriage at first, but he gave up his Chinese nationality for me," Tatiana said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-27 15:45:54 |Display all floors

1.jpg

Wang (a Chinese surname), 46 years old, his Russian wife Vick, 29, and one of their children. [sinonet.org]

Wang and Vick own a pig farm in Putsilovka Village.

"It all began when I started to teach him Russian as he could barely use it. And I found out later that he had been trying to show his love toward me. We became a couple. Now we have two sons and two daughters. He worked very hard for our family. We didn't hold a wedding in China. He loves it here," Vick said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-27 15:46:52 |Display all floors

1.jpg

Victor, 36 years old and his wife Ira, 32.[sinonet.org]

Victor and Ira were both farmers in the Sinelnikovo Village.

"He couldn't look into my eyes at first,” Ira said. And I thought he certainly didn't like me because he is Chinese. But he came to me and said he wanted to marry me. At the time, I thought he was joking. And then he said to me seriously he was good at cooking and farming. I couldn't resist his sugared words but didn't take it seriously either as he was a foreigner and might leave any day. But his passion for me has always been there."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-27 15:48:14 |Display all floors

1.jpg

Sacha, 28 years old, and his wife Ina, 26. [sinonet.org]

Sacha and his wife Ina are both small business retailers of shoes in a clothing market.

"We met in the market. I was very impressed with his confidence although he was just like anyone else. We fell in love at first sight and held our wedding in China. I was like a beloved angel at our wedding, and it felt like a dream to him that day until he looked into my eyes. He kept asking me 'is it really you'?" Ina said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-27 15:49:27 |Display all floors

1.jpg

Mike, 38 years old and his wife Nadia, 24. [sinonet.org]

Mike and his wife Nadia own a mobile phone maintenance shop.

"I was particularly shocked at our first date when he gave me a huge bouquet of flowers, and we began our relationship. Once I went to his place and he fell asleep. I sat there and thought 'What was I supposed to do'? Then I decided to do the dishes and clean his kitchen. Later I learned he didn't actually fall asleep. He just tried to find out whether I could do housework," Nadia said.

(Source: sinonet.org/Translated and edited by womenofchina.cn)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-28 09:55:10 |Display all floors
Well.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.