Views: 29912|Replies: 78

the importance in learning english in china   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-27 13:59:31 |Display all floors
in high school, my teacher told us that english was extremely important in china no matter to your study or to your work in th efuture, so i studied very hard to pass the national colleage entrance examination, and at colleage, we were forced to learn english to pass the CET 4 and CET6, for the goal to find a good job, 3 years after graduation, now i work as a manager asistant manager with a low salary and i am doubt the importance of english, who can tell me the reason, thank you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-27 16:55:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by jiayangguizi8 at 2012-12-27 17:05

China isn't another colony of Britain, so there's no true need to learn English there.

English in China is only relevant because of the concept of "face". They look up to whites, and because of their ignorance, they think only whites can speak English. They want the same kind of lifestyle as them, without taking into account the fact that whites gathered their wealth by murdering, stealing, enslaving, drugging and raping other people (they are basically looking up to criminals). So, higher job positions in China equal to whites social levels (even though many whites are poor).

It's just like employing a foreign teacher to teach English in China. Their English skills, qualification or experience are looked over. You've noticed that the vast majority of foreign English teachers in China are white. It's the only requirement that is needed for them to get this job. Again, it's only about showing that whites are teaching at that school, therefore Chinese parents will think that it's a school of high reputation.

Same as employing whites to be fake employees at a company, so that other companies can look up to them.

Whites are seen as a higher step in the social ladder in China, so, doing things like them and showing them off to your peers will gain you points. That's really sad, but that's true. You'll probably get a higher salary by selling yourself and copying whites: show to your boss that you drink red wine, eat cheese, play golf, and own a pet dog.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-28 12:56:26 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2012-12-27 16:55
China isn't another colony of Britain, so there's no true need to learn English there.

English in C ...

your anlolysis is very thorough, the education of china must be reformed but it has nothing to do with chinese common people, because it is the responsibility of the ministry of education. maybe simple life suitable for people in china, it seems  that a simpler person receives happiness more easily so i would rather eat rice, drink water, chat with friends on QQ, and play computer games. following the naure maybe the best way for my life.thank you for your reply.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-28 15:31:33 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-28 15:34:40 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2012-12-27 16:55

English in C ...

Nonsense !

Not all Europeans or whites speak English.

And not all native English speakers are whites.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-28 15:38:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-28 15:39:01 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.