Author: expatter

European Colonialism and Genocide ………   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-24 20:33:57 |Display all floors
Hurdy-Gurdy Post time: 2012-12-24 20:24
The Monguls had dominated the largest land mass in history at one stage and nearly went further in ...

See post #31  ........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 20:37:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Prometheus2 at 2012-12-24 20:38
expatter Post time: 2012-12-24 20:20
Incorrect  …….  !!!

And here again you place childish assumptions about something and go for  ...

"quiet so much so you would need insulting rhetoric"

You are quite happy to be insulting and condeseding yourself so get off that high horse.
eg.
"world, or do you need a drawing to understand that  ……  ? "

"Conquest of lands not contiguous to their own was only done in the main by Europeans, other nations generally dealt with those adjacent to them."

How is this relevant. Yes European conquest was far from its shores. This makes it no better or worse than colonisation of neighbours.

I'm not an apologist for the actions of European colonists. I completely understand that what they did was terrible. However everyone did what the Europeans did, just not on the scale or distance because of lack of technology. Europeans are the most apologetic about their past and unlike some countries do not blatantly alter it. So your post seems to be purely to get your kicks for reminding everyone what they already know. Colonisation is by far the most talked about, read and studied dark part of history. I'm just saying if you want to enlighten people about hiding history there are much better topics that are hid under the rug because colonisation is certainly not one of them.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 20:46:39 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-12-24 20:39
I mentioned several historic points in time that were a lot more murderous than any time was durin ...

Oh...I didn't know we were in a contest.

Does that mean what the europeans had done was really not that bad?

I don't get it.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-24 20:50:13 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2012-12-24 20:37

You are quite happy to be insulting and conde ...
"world, or do you need a drawing to understand that  ……  ? "

But I actually do think a drawing might be useful for you  ………

How is this relevant. Yes European conquest was far from its shores. This makes it no better or worse than colonisation of neighbours.

Because conquest up until that point was from adjacent territories and that is what the topic is about if you had not already noticed. It was not my intention to discuss a history of the world, but don't let me stop you from doing this  ..........

Europeans are the most apologetic about their past and unlike some countries do not blatantly alter it.

This is a great opportunity for you to show a copy of an apology for colonialisation and especially the lead sub-topic. The massacre through corvee and executions of 50% of a population by a supposedly civilized country ………

I'm just saying if you want to enlighten people about hiding history there are much better topics.

I picked this topic and in particular why the dark-side of this is not part of education for schools  …….

Maybe the answer is because this doesn't fit with the image these countries wish to portray and that actually falls under the mantle of 'nationalism'  ..........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 20:52:27 |Display all floors
Welsh_Windbag Post time: 2012-12-24 17:01
The Europeans white men just evolved and industrialised quicker than anybody else.  Conquest was ine ...

They not smarter than black, Asian or any others race but just greedy that what motivate them. White men are actually weaker than others race, they can dies just the biting from the insect but the world is waking up for example  south africa the so call white men tries hard to takeover that land like they did in US and Canada and even Aussie but they were badly failed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 20:53:53 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-12-24 20:02
I was quite surprised to read:
According to the same poster, the Jews brought their death about themselves through being - obnoxiously Jewish...

OK  ..........   !

Now prove that  ........   !

Nowhere in the pages of this forum have I ever stated that or even like it  .........

Or with a meaning anywhere near that  ........  !!!!!!!!!  

I hope you are not going to start this rubbish again  ..........  !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 21:13:50 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2012-12-24 20:37

You are quite happy to be insulting and conde ...

Europeans did colonize their neighbors.

The great WWI liberated how many people again?

The austrian-hungarian empire conquered and ruled over their neighbors.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.