Author: expatter

European Colonialism and Genocide ………   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-24 20:06:42 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2012-12-24 19:54
Yeah I'm not denying that. Colonisation caused huge atrocities. But I think its niave of people li ...

The end does not justify the means in this case.

That should not be used as an argument.

It was human greed and thirst for power that led to the destruction of so many people and their culture.

Who cares *who* is doing it.  Wrong is wrong.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-24 20:11:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-12-24 19:37
Actually, the Anglos were quite over-represented in business ventures in the Belgian Congo. One re ...

Yes  ......   !

It was Firestone and its started an insatiable greed that led to the Congo model and they copied this model in German and British areas .......

Vulcanized rubber was the cause of massive greed due to demand over this 20 year period and the traditional supplier (S. America) with paid labour became too expensive  ..........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 20:12:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-12-24 20:06
You need to reread history, babe! The history of the world, not the history of the Ohio river!

Si ...

What is your point?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-24 20:13:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-12-24 19:50
Let us also give credit to Whites who were quite instrumental in removing Emperor Leopold: Apart fro ...

Yes .......  

It was also a conflation of the mobile (if you like) camera and media that were able to document and shock ..........

And most people were  .....   !

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 20:20:33 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2012-12-24 19:36
I understand you dislike the West for whatever reasons (probably a combination of inferiority comp ...
I understand you dislike the West for whatever reasons (probably a combination of inferiority complex, nationalism and ideology).

Incorrect  …….  !!!

And here again you place childish assumptions about something and go for an insult. I believe it is you that has an ‘inferiority complex’ otherwise you would be able to discuss without the need to try and insult, and you clearly doubt your ability to respond without a stick in your hand. Maybe when you are older and have a certain sophistry you might understand.

However, If you are truly sincere in trying to enlighten people about the dark parts of history, why focus on Europeans?

Conquest of lands not contiguous to their own was only done in the main by Europeans, other nations generally dealt with those adjacent to them. Europeans went completely outside of the box and colonized many parts of the world, or do you need a drawing to understand that  ……  ?

If I wish to discuss European colonization as a topic then this does not necessitate what happened in civil wars in other countries, and is generally thought of as a topic that does not include Ghengis Khan or even Hitler as they can be thought of as separate topics, unless of course one is unable to focus and likes to ramble about unconnected ideas not central to the immediate topic.

Your reply is apologist piffle and you seem to be unable to discuss the topic without choking in your own sanies.

In order to try and help with your comprehension my question is rhetorical in that I ask why European countries who expound that they believe in honour, truth, justice, honesty and integrity and why the need to be economical with the truth regarding historical facts and events?

More importantly in asking this question: Why am I a hater of the West? Is it because the brain-washed need a defence against the reality of any possible truth and need such slogans as: ‘West-hater, anti-Semitic, Nazi because just like the middle-ages it was heresy to not sheepishly accept state issued information ……

Now if you wish to expand the topic to the whole world then why not do so in another thread?

I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

You should consider whether either of these two ideas should be used by you, as you clearly have not read them. It is my right according to you to discuss a topic and education is important .......

So why do you want things kept hidden and quiet so much so you would need insulting rhetoric     .......   ?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 20:24:39 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-12-24 20:20
Incorrect  …….  !!!

And here again you place childish assumptions about something and go for  ...

The Monguls had dominated the largest land mass in history at one stage and nearly went further into Europe.

A lotta of stuff about a no-brainer really- all conquerors would have dominated the world if they had the means at the time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 20:25:58 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-24 20:06
The end does not justify the means in this case.

That should not be used as an argument.

Yeah thats not my line of thought.

"The end does not justify the means in this case."

It doesn't in ANY case when there is a better way.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.