Views: 2389|Replies: 2

Prince Harry 'kills Taliban chief' [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-12-24 08:07:18 |Display all floors
The 28-year-old gunship co-pilot unleashed a missile striketo eliminate the terrorist leader in late October,Harry has proved to be very popular among his comrades in Helmand,Afghanistan, and has been given the nickname Big H.
A defence insider told The Sun: "Big H is a legend. We were onpatrol and the Apache helicopters were called in. We heard this posh voice comeover the radio and knew it was Big H. They were tracking a Taliban leader - hewas commander level.
"The Apache then let off some Hellfire missiles and its 30mm cannon and'boom'. It was Big H all the way."
The Royal is a front seat co-pilot, which means he is the mission controllerand operates the craft's main weapons. The Apache pilot sits in the back seatunder the command of the mission controller and is tasked with manoeuvering thecraft. Apaches, also called "mosquitoes" because of their uniquesound, are among the world's most sophisticated and deadly helicopters and haveterrorised the Taliban for the last five years,
Harry is on tour in Helmand and has been flying daily combat missionshelping "troops in contact", the code given when ground forces areengaged by enemy fighters.
"He's like a normal squaddie," the source told The Sun."All the guys in Afghan have so much respect for him and love him.
"Big H is a legend, he's been out in Afghan and he's doing thebusiness. All the guys love him - he's Big H. He likes a drink and a laugh andhe's one of the lads."
However, news of the strike reveals the danger Harry is in on the frontline. Prince Charles recently spoke of his anxiety for his son at The Sun'sMilitary Awards. Charles, 64, said: "The younger one is at this moment inAfghanistan. Fortunately, he rings me every now and then.
"And from time to time I've even persuaded him to write me a letter.
"Because, I keep saying, if you write me a letter and not just an emailor a text or something, in 30 years' time or 40 years' time that will beinteresting history."
Prince Charles said: "I just make this point because I really dounderstand the worry of service families when their loved ones are away servingin somewhere like Afghanistan. It's almost easier for those serving away thanfor those left behind because you worry all the time.
"So I do appreciate the extraordinary resilience and the unbelievablesupport provided by the families back here who encourage and remind their lovedones that they are there for them, despite what they are having to put upwith."
Harry's recent tour of duty is the second undertaken by the prince inHelmand. Harry secretly served 77 days on the front line between 2007 and 2008before switching to choppers.
In 2011 he passed the gruelling Apache fliers' course and was deployed inSeptember. After 18 months of rigorous training, Harry was also crowned hisclass's Top Gun pilot in February.
Harry is the first Royal to serve in a war zone since his uncle, PrinceAndrew, Duke of York, who served for more than 20 years as a Royal Navalofficer and flew as a second pilot in Sea King helicopters in the 1982Falklands War.
Andrew and Charles' father, Prince Philip, was in the Royal Navy during theSecond World War and the Queen, then 18, also served in uniform during WorldWar Two.
http://www.news.com.au/world/prince-harry-kills-taliban-chief/story-fndir2ev-1226542794574

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-25 00:05:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-12-25 06:50:52 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-12-25 00:05
Do you really think the drunken inbred has a mental capacity to fly a chopper..? Just the same at th ...

He did all this by himself, never used his family connections at all. he is so intelligent  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.