Views: 13795|Replies: 16

Which one do I prefer, nice job or nice boyfriend?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-21 14:56:16 |Display all floors

I have been offered an amazing promotion, but it will require me to move to Shanghai.

This means leaving my boyfriend for three years, who has ties to Beijing and can’t come with me.

I want this job so bad, it would be wonderful… but I love him and it just hurts so bad to leave him. I will also have to leave my family, my friends, my entire life here.

I am afraid that I could lose him by moving but I am afraid that I might resent him if I stay and feel I held myself back to be with him. However, I don’t have much confidence in the long-distance relationship.

Please help me. What can I do?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-22 09:21:56 |Display all floors
If you don't take the job you may regret it in the future, the high speed train from Shanghai to Beijing only takes about six hour, you see each other on weekend and holidays.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-12-22 09:43:17 |Display all floors
Why post this here? Look at what you have, your boyfriend may leave, you will have nothing and lost everything. Take the promotion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-22 13:06:55 |Display all floors
I met the same situation as you do, and I chose the position as I am economically independent and would like to be a femaie with independent thoughts. Later on I gained more experience and moved up better than he did, but the worst thing was that he didn't support my willing to fillful my dream. Finally we broke.
And I met my current boyfriend who is fully support my career and he loves me so much. He stays mature and has a clear mind with willingness to success. Curently we are in a long-distance love again, he travels every weekend to see me as long as he could manage to do so. I feel a stong tie with him and confident that this relation will not easily broken by the distance.
Follow your heart. Be brave and be confident.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-22 19:10:19 |Display all floors
My opinion is definitely go for your new work.It hurts to leave your beloved ones I know but we have to chase our challengeS in life.Do not worry about your love.If it is true it will grow fonder and stronger.If it does not then it means that your love was superficial and not true.It is going to be a good test for your love affair.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-22 20:06:32 |Display all floors
qqaggie Post time: 2012-12-22 15:06
I met the same situation as you do, and I chose the position as I am economically independent and wo ...

I also agree with people above,

look after yourself and your own future and family, if he loves you, he will stick with you through this difficult time.

But, you must keep in touch with your girlfriends, get them to keep an eye on him, men have been known to wander and tell stories.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-22 20:19:25 |Display all floors
if  your BF  give  up  you  first

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.