Author: voice_cd

Translation Contest Series NO 2   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-20 10:45:01 |Display all floors
goddess1

左书函一家三口住在一间不足5平米的小房子里,她最喜欢白雪公主,总是想象着穿上公主裙带上小皇冠的样子。她最希望病治好了,回到老家,穿上公主裙。
Zoushuhan, a family of three live in a small room which is less than 5 squire meters. She loves Snow White very much and always dream of wearing princess dress with queen crown. She hopes she can overcome the sinckness soon so that she can go back to hometown putting on princess dress.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-20 10:46:14 |Display all floors
ven-tao
左书函今年7岁,除了光光的小脑袋和苍白的面孔,她和正常女孩一样,喜欢跳舞,喜欢唱歌,喜欢玩耍,有着自己的小梦想。但她是神经母细胞瘤患者,仍然处于放疗阶段。
Zuoshuhan is a 7-year-old girl,just like her peers,she likes dancing﹑singing﹑and playing.also has her own dreams besides bald and pale faces.but she is suffering neuroblastoma,and still in the radiotheraphy stage.

左书函拿着照相机给爸爸妈妈拍合影。书函的爸爸今年只有36岁,鬓角头发已经花白。妈妈蒋雪身上一件淡绿色的T恤是邻居给的,为了给小书函治病,他们夫妻俩已经两年没有买过新衣服了。
Zuoshuhan hold the camera and took  photos for her parents.shuhan's father is just 36 years old.but his hair is touched with grey.her mother Jiangxue wear a virescent T-shirt which her neighbors gave.To cure her disease,the couples haven't bought new clothes for 2 years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-20 10:52:57 |Display all floors
dolphinivy
《大病儿童和他们的小小梦想》
A Sick Girl's Dream

Zuo Shuohan is seven years old. In addition to her bare head and pale face, she looks just like the normal girl, liking dancing, singing, playing and having her own little dream. But she is a neuroblastoma patient and is  still in the stage of radiotherapy.

Zuo Shuhan lives in a small house less than 5 square meters with his parents. She likes Snow White best and always imagine herself wearing princess dress with a little crown. She keenly hopes her disease is cured. Thus, she can go back to their  hometowm, putting on the princess skirt.

左小龙和蒋雪夫妻俩下决心一定要治好小书函的病。二女儿留在陕西的老家,由年迈的父母照看,他们则带着书函来到北京进行治疗。
The couple, Zuo Xiaolong and Jiang Xue, are determined to cure the disease of little Shuhan. Thus, their younger daughter is left in the hometown of Shanxi province and is taken care of by their elderly parents. They will  bring Shuhan to Beijing for treatment.
活泼可爱的书函非常喜欢舞蹈,在医院的时候她会在床上蹦蹦跳跳地表演给同病房的病友们看。别的孩子都是害怕去医院,可是每次住院治疗,书函却很开心。“这样我的病就能快点好,我可以回家上幼儿园,可以唱歌跳舞,可以跟妹妹玩。”
Shuhan, who is lively and lovely, likes dance very much. In the hospital, she would bounce up and down in the bed, performing to the wardmate. Each time hospitalization, Shuhan is very happy. While other children are afraid to go to the hospital. " For this purpose I can get well soon. I can go to kindergarten in my hometown. I can sing, dance and play with my sister."

左书函站在小屋门口,他们一家三口住着5平米的房子,这里是一片平房区,住的都是外来打工者。
Zuo Shuhan is standing at the door, all three of her family living in the house within 5 square meters. Here is  a cottage area,  the home of migrant workers.

左书函拿着照相机给爸爸妈妈拍合影。书函的爸爸今年只有36岁,鬓角头发已经花白。妈妈蒋雪身上一件淡绿色的T恤是邻居给的,为了给小书函治病,他们夫妻俩已经两年没有买过新衣服了。
Zuo Shuhan is taking photos of her parents. Her father, only at the age of 36, is already full of grey hair on the temples. Her mother, Jiang Xue, is in a light green T-shirt which is given by neighbours. In order to cure the disease of Shuhan, the couple haven't bought new clothes for two years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-20 10:55:05 |Display all floors
zewdu
Zuo Shuhan is a seven-year-old girl. Except for her bold head and pale face, she likes to dance, sing and to play games, and has her own little dream, just like other girls. But she suffers form neuroblastoma and is receiving radiation therapy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-20 10:57:35 |Display all floors
rainyweather
Zuo Shuhan is 7 years old now. She loves dancing, singing and playing with other children and has her own dream. She loves life as same as other little girls do in her age. The only difference between her and other girls is her bald head and pale face. She is suffering from neuroblastoma and receiving chemotherapy.

Shuhan and her parents are living in a small house less than 5 square meters. Her favorite fairytale character is Snow White. She always pictures herself dressing in a princess dress and wearing a  tiara. She wishes she could recover soon so that she can come back to her hometown and wear princess dress.

Zuo xiaolong and Jiang Xue, Shuhan’s parents, are taking her to Beijing and doing their best to save their daughter. They left another daughter who is looked after by her elderly grandparents at the hometown in Shaanxi province.

活泼可爱的书函非常喜欢舞蹈,在医院的时候她会在床上蹦蹦跳跳地表演给同病房的病友们看。别的孩子都是害怕去医院,可是每次住院治疗,书函却很开心。“这样我的病就能快点好,我可以回家上幼儿园,可以唱歌跳舞,可以跟妹妹玩。”
Shuhan loves dancing so much that she could even give dancing performance on her bed to other patients in the hospital. Compared with other children who are scared of going hospital, Shuhan is quite happy every time she gets treatment in the hospital. “After receiving medical treatment, I could recover soon, and I could go back to kindergarden, sing and dance, and play with my sister.” She said.

Shuhan is standing at the door of their small house.  Most people living in this neighborhood are migrant workers.

Shuhan is taking photograph of her parents. Though her father is only 36 years old now, he has already got much gray temples. Jiang Xue, Shuhan’s mother, is wearing a light green T-shirt which was given away by her neighbor. In order to pay Suhan’s medical bills, they haven’t bought any new clothes for themselves in two years.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2012-12-20 13:23:56 |Display all floors
本文节选自《大病儿童和他们的小小梦想》
Excerpts from Seriously ill children and their small dreams

Zuo Shuhan is 7 years old. Apart from the bald head and the pale-looking face, she's no different from an ordinary girl of her age who likes dancing, singing, playing and dreaming. However she suffers from neuroblastoma and still receives radiation therapy.

Her family of three lives in a small house of less than 5 square meters. She loves Snow White and always dreams of wearing the princess' dress and little crown.  What she desires most is to go back to her hometown and wear the princess dress after her disease is cured.  

Zuo Xiaolong and his wife Jiang Xue are determined to make all their efforts to cure their daughter's disease. They left their younger daughter taken by their elderly parents in their hometown of Shaanxi province while they took Shuhan to Beijing for treatment.

Shuhan is a lively and adorable girl. She likes dancing very much. While in hospital, she would bounce up and down on the bed dancing for other fellow patients. While other kids are afraid of going to hosptial, Shuhan feels happy each time she is hopitalized. "So I can recover quickly.  I can go home to attend the kindergarten, sing, dance, and play with my sister."

Zuo Shuhan stands at the door of the 5-sqm-house where her family of three lives. The area of single-story houses is home to migrant workers.

Zuo Shuhan takes a photo of her parents. Shuhan's father, 36, has almost gray at the temples. Her mother Jiang Xue wears a light green T-shirt that was given by a neighbor. To cure little Shuhan's disease, the couple, who saves every penny they earn, haven't bought new clothes for two years.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-22 11:08:04 |Display all floors

Thank you all for participating and supporting this contest.

Among the submitted entries that qualify for this week's contest, my top pick is from Lizachen. I like how she presented her entry- full, accurate, clear translation that reads smoothly and complete with the title of the article. Grammar mistakes are minor and very few.

Runners-up are rainyweather and DSeeing. Both did very good and have noticeable reduction of minor grammar errors as compared to last week's.

For the rest of the participants, I've included my comments and suggestions below for each of you.

Good job, everyone! Hope to see continuous improvement in all your entries next week.

大家加油!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.