Author: WhiteBear

Hong Kong today... You love it, hate it, or ...?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-15 23:45:56 |Display all floors
never went there , so....
I have no idea about HK.
wish i can go to HK and stay there some days .

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-16 04:53:58 |Display all floors
One of the things in Hong Kong that I didn't liked was a subway, and it was my first bad impression about HK.

I crossed the border in Luohu (Shenzhen), and decided to take a metro to the Hong Kong Island.
Usually subway/metro is quickest, and quite cheap public communication service... but NOT in HK :)

First ticket was "single journey" - I tapped destination, number of persons, and so on... then price of 45 HKD (about 40RMB) apeared on the screen. I though that I had to make a mistake, but while being in hurry - I payed and then rushed to the train.

No, there was no mistake. The same day afternoon I used it one or two times (this time using "city card - Octopus"), and the price between 3 stations was about 7RMB for a journey just under the bay between HK Island and Kowloon.
I don't remember if I ever used more expensive.

Crowd in the train is almost the same all day long, no matter if "rush hours" or late morning, or early afternoon...
And even when the carriages are clean - You not always have possibility to see it. More likely You see - as on the picture.

metro.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-16 05:15:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-16 05:56:49 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2012-12-15 12:53
One of the things in Hong Kong that I didn't liked was a subway, and it was my first bad impression  ...

hk MTR is de best amongst many others in this world...workin escalators, celfones work in the tunnels, AC colder than siberia, white glove test stations, convenience vendors, hitech turnstiles, ETC and best of all you will the former NYC subway MTA director workin there now  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-16 06:53:25 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2012-12-16 05:56
hk MTR is de best amongst many others in this world...workin escalators, celfones work in the tunn ...

I admit - it is better then in NY, at list none of the stations look like some rat-holes in NY (checked line blue, red, green).

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-12-16 08:00:07 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2012-12-14 15:28
I like the place

I have stayed there a number of times always tried a different hotel:hand ...

It's like Boston....it's nice but it's not New York...Shanghai is my all time favorite Chinese City....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-12-16 16:29:59 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2012-12-16 08:00
It's like Boston....it's nice but it's not New York...Shanghai is my all time favorite Chinese Cit ...

Only been Shanghai once, so I can't judge that one

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.