Author: waiboshu

China's money changes the landscape in Australia   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-12 18:50:40 |Display all floors
but still, the majority, for all the promotion of democracy, has no say in it
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-12 18:51:37 |Display all floors
and the owners of the legal system, promoting all manner of societal dissolution, still face little tangible opposition

in this way Britain is capitulating
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-12 18:57:13 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-12-12 18:49
I think Britain is done, short of a revolution

I dont know what you're basing that stark judgement on but Britain is far from ' done '.  The pound is still considered a relatively safe haven for investors and the government can borrow money cheaper than any other Country in Europe except Germany.

Anybody would think we've never had recessions before, in the 1930's the US had 25% unemployment during the great depression.

After ww2 they were the only Country in the world with any money while we were bankrupt.

People keep going on about rising China but modern, reformed China is only 30 bloody years old.  Anybody who thinks their rates of growth will just continue unabated is either deluded or doesn't have the foggiest understanding of global economics.

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-12 19:09:48 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-12-12 20:57
I dont know what you're basing that stark judgement on but Britain is far from ' done '.  The poun ...

we take our lead, legally, from Britain, for better or worse

and more recently, worse

The US had no major external debt and a huge industrial base pre-WW2.

I'm hoping you are right, but without a representative government, you're done, and we will follow, as usual
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-12 19:35:17 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-12-12 19:09
we take our lead, legally, from Britain, for better or worse

and more recently, worse

We have our own currency and Central Bank so we have more control over our economy than those in the eurozone.  Despite many of our laws being determined by the EU.

Having a trade surplus with one or more Countries doesn't necessarliy mean your domestic economy is in good shape.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-13 16:05:12 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-12-12 21:35
We have our own currency and Central Bank so we have more control over our economy than those in t ...

good points

but your immigration policy looks a bit overdone
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-13 16:53:49 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-12-12 18:12
" Fuelled by newly-rich buyers in China, India and Russia, who adore traditional British marques, ...

So what cars do UK export anyway?

Mini cooper is made in Germany.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.