Author: MartinTimothy

No Enemy Aircraft At Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-10 19:12:00 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-12-10 03:46
I'm neither behaving like a naive child, nor acting like one. I do not, however, base my decision  ...

Well! Perhaps since you are in a verbose mood, you will enlighten me as to what exactly is our difference of opinion, and please present the TRUE motive behind your objections.  Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-12-10 19:26:12 |Display all floors
Using this logic, there was no Japanese in China , in World War 2. This thread is rubbish.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-10 19:35:25 |Display all floors
xcaliber Post time: 2012-12-10 19:12
Well! Perhaps since you are in a verbose mood, you will enlighten me as to what exactly is our dif ...

It's perhaps more a difference in philosophy than opinion.

I would be interested in hearing more... if you can prove your assertion. Until that point I am more inclined to believe the accepted account of events.

Outlandish claims are headline grabbing - but as much as I am cynical about the motivations of ANY politician, I find it unlikely that a US politician would sacrifice so many lives in order to replace a few ships and start a war. There are easier, much easier and far less bloody ways to achieve both ends. I'm not an expert on operational viability of early 20th century warships - but some of the vessels that were at risk / sunk don't seem to be that old (15-20 years).

I have heard claims that Churchill and the British were aware of the impending attack and kept quiet - which would strategically make sense - but i'm not to date convinced by your arguments. Sorry!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 19:39:37 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-12-10 18:35
It's perhaps more a difference in philosophy than opinion.

I would be interested in hearing more ...

Some of the sunken BBs were raised and used in other campaigns as GFS vessls in the Pacific.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 21:44:34 |Display all floors
w ww.  douglasdietrich  com/bio.  html

Douglas Dietrich worked as a Department of Defense Research Librarian, Mr. Dietrich was responsible for document destruction before he was even of legal age.

The exposé which forced Douglas Dietrich into the arena of public awareness – Mr. Dietrich cited the documents which proved irrefutably that the United States instigated World War II in the Pacific before an audience of millions on George Noory's Coast to Coast AM.
Mr. Dietrich lays bare both the monumental hubris and folly of unmitigated American aggression and genocide in Pacific Asia: a series of monumental crimes against humanity that led to the first U.S.. invasion of Korea (directly following its own American Civil War) and the American installment of a Caucasian dictator over the Korean peninsula: Durham White Stevens. As well as the mass-murder of well over three million Filipino Muslims in aftermath of the Spanish-American war; spiraling into the corporate-lobbied American military overthrow of the Hawaiian monarchy and the forced abdication and imprisonment of Hawaiian's Queen Lili'u'okalani -- only to culminate in an interdicted "flying tigers" air-strike on Japan that forced declaration of war on the United States by a united front of nations across the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-4 15:03:30 |Display all floors
Update ..

http://www.commandposts.com/2011 ... images/k13512-copy/

USS Arizona (BB-39) ablaze, immediately following the explosion of her forward magazines, 7 December 1941. Frame clipped from a color motion picture taken from on board USS Solace (AH-5). Official U.S. Navy Photograph, National Archives collection. Caption: Naval History & Heritage Command.

http://www.thehistoryreader.com/ ... arl-harbour-images/

Sailors stand amid wrecked planes at the Ford Island seaplane base,  watching as USS Shaw (DD-373) explodes in the center background, 7  December 1941. USS Nevada (BB-36) is also visible in the middle  background, with her bow headed toward the left.

Planes present include  PBY, OS2U and SOC types. Wrecked wing in the foreground is from a PBY.  Official U.S. Navy Photograph, National Archives Collection. Caption:  Naval History & Heritage Command.

The fact the sailors were standing about all over the place and not under cover, similarly belies the notion an enemy attack had taken place, and that a force of some hundreds of hostile aircraft is at large!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-4 15:50:45 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.