Author: MartinTimothy

No Enemy Aircraft At Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-7 19:17:20 |Display all floors
xcaliber Post time: 2012-12-7 16:17
FDR Knew Pearl Harbor Was Coming

Written by Alexander Cockburn        on June 14, 2001. Posted in Miscella ...

Oh good grief... if they wanted to engineer an excuse to go to war they could have done it without allowing a big chunk of their fleet to be sunk...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-7 22:25:23 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-12-7 19:17
Oh good grief... if they wanted to engineer an excuse to go to war they could have done it without ...

They wanted to get rid of the old junk left over from the Spanish American war and have all new ships.
And since the Japanese had been pushed and pushed and were ready to attack, why not let them go ahead. Like Roosevelt said "The American people will not agree to war unless they are attacked on their own territory"

I don't think you are aware of the strident nature of the anti war sympathy in the US in 1941

Just like you guys did with the World Trade Center, you didn't need to do all that damage but you needed the asbestos problem to go away as cheap as possible and so you did it.  Same Modus Operandi.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 01:24:29 |Display all floors
xcaliber Post time: 2012-12-7 22:25
They wanted to get rid of the old junk left over from the Spanish American war and have all new sh ...

Ah I see - seems a rather.. extreme way to decommission a few ships does it not... ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 03:46:18 |Display all floors
Maybe the USA does not exist at all - it is simply an illusion ???
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 03:51:03 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-12-7 17:11
marijuana

this is what is does

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 16:59:38 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-12-9 01:24
Ah I see - seems a rather.. extreme way to decommission a few ships does it not... ?

No its a brilliant stroke of getting rid of them...which creates the need for new ones, and at the same time creating the event that provides the US a way into World War 2 The American people was manipulated from being anti-war to pro war at a stroke.

Surely you can see this on your own, why do you act like a naive child??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-10 03:46:44 |Display all floors
xcaliber Post time: 2012-12-9 16:59
No its a brilliant stroke of getting rid of them...which creates the need for new ones, and at the ...

I'm neither behaving like a naive child, nor acting like one. I do not, however, base my decision making processes on unproven assumption; particular when posited by someone who holds a clear bias.

I try where possible to make my mind up based on facts - and where these are not available seeking out the simplest, or most obvious explanation - until necessity demands otherwise.

By resorting to meaningless insults you reveal your bias. I shan't disagree with you further as that would be fruitless, but i look forward to you presenting the facts that prove your assertions.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.