Author: waiboshu

Why do western women seldom marry Chinese men?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-5 04:18:13 |Display all floors
According to my Chinese wife, she states that Chinese men traditionally do not show much affection to their wives. They rarely say, "I love you", "I need you", "You are my best friend, and I love being with you", "I think you are the most gentle and kind person I know", "I love those big brown eyes", etc. I think you get the point. Traditionally, in China there is a lot of pressure to conform to popular opinion. There, the general male population thinks that a woman is a possession, has few rights, must obey the husband, should be beaten when they do wrong, are only worthy of lesser positions on the workforce and government. When western views are diametrically opposed to those, I don't think it would be a difficult choice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-5 05:08:15 |Display all floors
truepilot Post time: 2012-12-4 14:18
According to my Chinese wife, she states that Chinese men traditionally do not show much affection t ...

I think you hit right on point, a woman should be viewed in a man's eyes as equal regardless of what background she is from. A woman is not a posession and should never be looked down on by her husband. As a matter of fact in my opinion a man should be very grateful and humble that his woman chooses to love him and should put her before himself in all things. Maybe its my western point of view but this is how i see it should be. That's why i would defend a woman from any man that thinks he is superior and wants to abuse her, ive seen it before and it makes me sick.
It doesn’t matter what you do, or who you are, or where you live; there are no boundaries if two pe ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-7 00:45:27 |Display all floors
janet2010616 Post time: 2012-12-3 01:35
Hi, I'm a new comer here.
Do you mean this situation in China?
As far as I can see, many more forei ...

nice answer

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-7 00:46:47 |Display all floors
tradervic Post time: 2012-12-3 22:10
Because the bar was set at Bruce Lee... 'nuff said.

nice answer

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 09:23:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tradervic at 2012-12-8 19:25
lostalien Post time: 2012-12-4 18:56
my dear onilne friends
ISN'T THERE SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING TO DISCUSS?

You do forget with ebb and flow of time, there is always a new generation of newbs that want to test the "Internet Theory"...

Theory_Internet.jpg

China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 10:37:59 |Display all floors
gosh, haven't we seen enough of the same bs?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-10 09:12:36 |Display all floors
vk3ukf Post time: 2012-12-3 11:47
Hello, hope you are well.

I will try to answer, but I may be wrong.

I think you explained it very well.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.