Views: 88943|Replies: 139

Why do western women seldom marry Chinese men?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-3 11:12:50 |Display all floors
I have an impression, many male foreigners marry Chinese girls. But we seldom know that western women marry Chinese men.
Why Chinese men are not attractive to foreigners compared to Chinese women?

I am curious about it, could anyone explain to me?

1.jpg

Hot topics

Nude photos

International marriage

Pet and baby

Veiled beauties

Reply recommendation

Fookchew Published in 98 floor  View full content

If you are referring to only Chinese men in particular, then I think it may be easier to speculate. I use the word "speculate" because I believe there are no academic research being conducted. I stand corrected, of course. Generally, I believe it has to do more with the Chinese males' attitude regarding girls from different cultures. Chinese men are more traditional in their thinking and western ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-3 11:40:03 |Display all floors
"many female foreigners marry Chinese girls"......i doubt that

and this topic was discussed here already several times.
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-3 11:47:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vk3ukf at 2012-12-3 13:54

Hello, hope you are well.

I will try to answer, but I may be wrong.
Additional input from more knowledgable people may provide a better insight.

I believe it is because most Asian cultures are perceived in the west as having a male dominated, female subserviant culture. Must have a male child and that sort of thing. Not very attractive to a female that has her indepenance, and can basically do what she likes with her own life.

Changing cultures from western to eastern, for a western female, would be harder and have more pitfalls and losses, than a lady changing from eastern to western.

I think.

I may be wrong.

I remember seeing an Australian girl on tele that fell in love with an African villager.
????
Yup.
Anyway, see wanted to marry him and could not be convinced that she would get a big culture shock, so she married him and had to live the traditional village wife life that village law dictated.

Shock No.1 She had to do all the cooking.

Shock No.2 She had to do all the cleaning (grass hut, dirt floor).

Shock No.3 She got a very hard time time from the village ladies, that understood their roles in the village life, and mocked her for complaining about so much work.

Shock No.4 When husband came back from hunting all day, if a spear was in the ground of the hut doorway, it means "don't come in yet", your buddy/friend is having sex with your missus. (She was very popular in the village, the only white girl.)

She sheepishly returned to Australia, with everyone telling her, "I told you so.".

I think that there must be many, many Chinese men married to western ladies, but I think you are correct in saying it is a bit lopsided.

Hi lionstar, "already discussed", I'm off to look for it, see if my ramblings have any similarity to the general consensus.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-3 14:35:10 |Display all floors
Hi, I'm a new comer here.
Do you mean this situation in China?
As far as I can see, many more foreign men come to China, but not so many foreign women here.
I don't think usually a traditional Chinese men could accept the conception to marry a foreign woman.
It depends on diffrent culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-3 15:11:00 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2012-12-3 11:40
"many female foreigners marry Chinese girls"......i doubt that

and this topic was discussed here ...

I mean male, . So, what do you think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-3 15:18:17 |Display all floors
vk3ukf Post time: 2012-12-3 11:47
Hello, hope you are well.

I will try to answer, but I may be wrong.

good answer, really make sense.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-3 15:21:26 |Display all floors
janet2010616 Post time: 2012-12-3 14:35
Hi, I'm a new comer here.
Do you mean this situation in China?
As far as I can see, many more forei ...

With more men and fewer women in China, it's a reality that many Chinese men have to marry a foreign girl if they want a family.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.