Author: JFenix

Will we ever be able to move beyond race & nationality?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-9 22:12:03 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-11-21 22:24
Considering that the earth is millions of years old and that only a century ago we decided that ther ...

Considering only one Country actually commited itself to it's Kyoto obligations,
I share your pessimism.
I'm not gonna point out which,
because I don't want to sound smug or arrogant.
Also, it's gonna be uselessm anyway, in some time.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 22:24:45 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-11-22 01:36
My sociology professor used to say that people automatically will categorize persons into two grou ...

So what made you identify with Bavarians when you wanted to naturalize here?
4chan-1311077786321.png

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 22:26:07 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-12-9 02:33
Smithi does not single out the Jews for his attacks, he is just as nasty to the Nazis as well, s ...

>Inb4, nazi invasion of the earth from their secret moon base in 2018.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 22:28:38 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-12-9 02:33
Smithi does not single out the Jews for his attacks, he is just as nasty to the Nazis as well, s ...

Smithi has the same goals as me on this board.
Have fun and sow Butthurt.
We just have different approaches.

And I'm much better.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 23:03:25 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-12-9 22:00
Tel that to those that want 25% of China given to gold medal wearing nepotistic monks and who ...

OMG.

I can't believe that people try to compare TB with the native american situation and use that as a support for their argument.

I don't think the TB situation should be used as a weapon against china - not if you don't really care about the situation.

Its just like seneca writing a thread on violence against women - its all fake.

This is not to say that there are not those out there that actually care about human rights issues.  I am one of them.  

I would talk to you all day about human rights issues regarding native americans if I thought you really cared and / or were interested.

In regards to TB, if you think that it at any way parallels the situation with the native americans.......how in the world could you not speak out against this?

Have you no morals at all?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 23:13:16 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-9 23:03
OMG.

I can't believe that people try to compare TB with the native american situation and use tha ...

For Starters, I don't see any Native Americans desperate enough to immolate themselves.
That should be enouugh to be said regarding the whole idea of a comparison.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-9 23:28:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2012-12-9 23:29
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-9 23:03
OMG.

I can't believe that people try to compare TB with the native american situation and use tha ...

Are you guys prepared to exit America and leave it to the N.A Indians the rightful owners  .........    ?

If not then you should think about why not  .......  

The Tibs and Chinese were once under the same government of the Mongols 12th century   .......

Can you say that for the immigrants Americans and marginalized natives and lest face it Americans have been in that land many less years than Tibs and Chinese have been interacting   .........

There are 56 ethnicities in China and Tibs are one of them  ............

Your government is great on other speople' freedom but not on those which do not suit them such as the Palestinians  ..........

The US is two-faced when dealing with these matters and another such one is the Kurds, 40 million people who were promised Kurdistan but this was taken away because of the OIL  ........   !!!!

Until the US deals with the world with open-hands the government there will be seen by many as just greedy unscrupulous liars  ............     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.