Author: JFenix

Will we ever be able to move beyond race & nationality?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-8 22:49:05 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-12-3 16:56
Ahem, no "white" here has, in my years of membership in this forum, referred to other races as "tra ...

Maybe some posters you don't think are white?

I've seen quite a bit of racism.  Smithi jumps to mind.

All the stupid racism towards jews.....most of those posters are white and/ or live in the west.

And those are just the obvious ones.  The more subtle kind comes in the form of superiority complexes.

This is why seneca has so many issues.  By claiming superiority, that automatically suggests 'inferiority'.

Its still a form of racism.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-8 23:08:58 |Display all floors
slimpanda Post time: 2012-12-6 22:29
WRONG~
all the post i've seen...all started with a good topic~ and since its China forums...obviou ...

And they want to make people forget why the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand have been stolen by whites, plus many other places ........   

Whilst they bash away at justice  .........     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-8 23:53:23 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-12-8 23:08
And they want to make people forget why the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand have been stolen ...

Well I think all that stuff shouldn't be used the way that it is.

I don't agree with posting threads just for the purpose of shaming another nation or peoples.

I hate the way people use the native americans here.  Like I believe for one minute they actually care about the people.  Most couldn't name more than five native american tribes or know anything about them.

I consider it disrespectful to use people in this way, it offends me personally.  Not because I feel any guilt or doubt that what happened to them by colonizers was wrong, but because of my relationships I have had with native americans.

Its wrong to use people's misery as a weapon.  If you don't care about the people themselves, don't bother writing that crap.  Its not like people don't know right from wrong.  You're not bringing any new revelations to the table.

This is just another reason why we can't get past this crap.

And a lot of these divisions we have are artificial and created by politics.  Screw that - I say its high time we don't let that dictate who we feel about people from other countries.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 01:53:29 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-8 22:41
Nicely said.

Thanks....
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 02:33:03 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-8 22:49
Maybe some posters you don't think are white?

I've seen quite a bit of racism.  Smithi jumps to m ...
I've seen quite a bit of racism.  Smithi jumps to mind.

Smithi does not single out the Jews for his attacks, he is just as nasty to the Nazis as well, so there is some balance there.

But to put things into perspective... if you believed or had information that the Nazis made a resurgence and were going to cause mayhem in NY............ would you keep quiet about it so as not to upset the Germans?
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 21:07:20 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-12-8 23:08
And they want to make people forget why the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand have been stolen ...

Why?  MANY years ago "the whites" "stolen" the land, now these places are multicultural countries. I think that there's a lot of deluted people in this forums who think that it should be returned to its "rightful owners" meaning a few thousand decendants of indians who're almost all now mixed with "the whites" and American, Canadian etc themselves.

Also, what do the Americans of today have to do with this? Some of the Americans of today great great great great great great great great great great great (...) great grandparents did that.

Let me ask you this...

Constantinople (Greek) OR Instanbul (Turkish)?

It's no wonder that some of you still blame the Japanese of today for what happened ~70+ years ago, you're clueless as to how this world works. I guess that the Chinese propaganda wouldn't want you thinking any other way.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-9 22:00:52 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-8 23:53
Well I think all that stuff shouldn't be used the way that it is.

I don't agree with posting thr ...

Tel that to those that want 25% of China given to gold medal wearing nepotistic monks and who occupy the very lands we speak of  .........

The hypocrisy starts there  ...........

If you want to draw a line for America and the others then at least have the good manners and the decency not to be such blatant hypocrites over in thos possessed lands  .........

Move along and accept that just as they want their history adopted and placed behind them so do others  .........

The biggest shame is that China did not wipe out their indiginuous ploblem by using typhoid infested blankets because then there would be nothing to argue over   ..........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.