Author: expatter

Racism is there such a thing …. ?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-14 17:28:23 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-14 17:06
Oh dear  ..........   !

I smell  council-house mould, weeks old sweat, stale beer and cigarettes  . ...

You should get out of the house more then....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-14 18:00:43 |Display all floors
You only have to read the threads on this forum to know that racism is alive and well and will always survive. Religious differences, envy, intolerance and the genetic need some people have to kill or maim (anyone it seems) all contribute.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-11-14 18:12:29 |Display all floors
Hurdy-Gurdy Post time: 2012-11-14 17:28
You should get out of the house more then....

Indeed  ...........  

I certainly would if it was my house  .............

But life's failures have to live somewhere I suppose  .........  

I am content where I live at the moment with my family in Beijing  ..........

And of course no council-house wallers around here  ........

Thankfully  ...............      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-14 18:14:30 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-14 17:59
After giving this some thought I am almost convinced that there is no such thing as ‘racism’ and t ...
This would in a way be the same as one who calls another a Judeophobe or anti-Semitic, of which the former encompasses not one but two groups, namely Jews by religion and birthright and Zionists who are not necessarily even Jews, and the latter term is purely nonsense in its own etymology. How can one accuse someone of being against Jews by using an idea which describes people’s of all ethnic backgrounds who lived in a region of the Middle East when one is discussing later immigrants from East Russia who have only a claimed mythological connection to a certain other part of the world.

Yes, I find that is a vile conflation too.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-11-14 18:26:39 |Display all floors
honkam Post time: 2012-11-14 17:24
I thank Expatter, for his time spent in delving into his own thoughts on this issue,

as I respect ...

Oh  ...........  !

Just a thought  .........

The millions of blacks abducted from Africa and destined to become slaves were not rounded up by white people  .........

The whites employed blacks to do this and paid them for the work ..........

I wonder if one could consider these black 'herders' as racists or just opportunists  ..........      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-14 20:47:50 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-14 18:26
Oh  ...........  !

That's where the divide and conquer comes into play, and the Americans has been using this ploy

to oust leaders of Governments around the world for decades.

I mean why deploy a new strategy when the old one works so well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-14 21:08:42 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-14 18:12
Indeed  ...........  

I certainly would if it was my house  .............

Renting a Council house here is the smart move actually.  We have some people on £100k per year living in subsidised housing.

One of them is a big ' Sociialist ' Union leader.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.