Author: vincent01

Beijing as ‘developed as Western nations’   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-16 06:30:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Hey but what do I know, huh?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-16 14:18:45 |Display all floors
Will you leave China if you find the west is better?

Is running away from problems your solution to solve them?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-16 15:57:10 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-11-16 14:18
Is running away from problems your solution to solve them?

running away is considered a solution...
many strategies manual or tactician include and consider running away a strategy or a solution to win~

why not change direction instead of keep on banging on the wall?
especially when u know u are not going to do well if you keep banging the wall...then why keep banging?...its not persistent, not patient, and definitely not perseverance...
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-16 17:03:18 |Display all floors
"developed" administration do not block internet surfing
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-16 18:38:30 |Display all floors
why not change direction instead of keep on banging on the wall?
especially when u know u are not going to do well if you keep banging the wall...then why keep banging?...its not persistent, not patient, and definitely not perseverance...

I follow a different philosophy... I'm trying to leave every place behind better than it was when I got there. When I was in China, I did so too - I did little things to improve the place I was living and I consulted the Chinese government in a few matters, too. Of course, I've also criticised and proposed different solutions to be discussed - mostly in economic policy, as I am an economist.
But the environmental and social situation in Beijing was the reason why I declined a job offer to work as a consultant for the Chinese government a few months ago - living quality is simply too low in the Chinese capital, compared to other places. If some people go to Beijing anyway - not because they like the city, but because they like the culture or the people - we shouldn't ask them to leave. We should rather encourage them to stay!

Of course, it's rather annoying if some rich western expats complain about every details with some generalizing statements like "the Chinese always spit on the ground" - because already using the term "the Chinese" is simply wrong, considering the fact that there are 1.4 billion individuals in China who are all different from each other. But believe me, people who already behave like this in China would behave just the same anywhere around the world - and asking them to leave won't solve the issue either.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-16 18:45:18 |Display all floors
Beijing:  Overpriced, over poluuted, over crowded.  Very arrogant, just like Shanghai.  But some people are stupid enough to enjoy living there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-16 20:11:51 |Display all floors
But some people are stupid enough to enjoy living there.

Why stupid? I do believe that this city also does have its charm - the restored ancient building, a lot of important sites for China's ancient and recent history, the cold, functional melancholic communist architecture - Beijing can give you a feeling you'll get no where else in the world, so it's certainly worth a visit, isn't it? It also wouldn't be my personal place of choice, but some people might like it. However, I believe that most Chinese who do move there don't go for pleasure, but rather for work...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.