Author: SMITHI

The oldest hookers in town: The 69-year-old twin sisters --Daily Mail   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-14 03:45:00 |Display all floors
Ancient Rome Fresco from the Pompeii brothel.

Main article: Prostitution in ancient Rome
Prostitution in ancient Rome was legal, public, and widespread. Even Roman men of the highest social status were free to engage prostitutes of either sex without incurring moral disapproval,[5] as long as they demonstrated self-control and moderation in the frequency and enjoyment of sex. Latin literature refers often to prostitutes. Real-world practices are documented by provisions of Roman law that regulate prostitution, and by inscriptions, especially graffiti from Pompeii. Some large brothels in the 4th century, when Rome was becoming officially Christianized, seem to have been counted as tourist attractions and were possibly even state-owned.[6] Prostitutes played a role in several Roman religious observances, mainly in the month of April, over which the love and fertility goddess Venus presided. At the same time, prostitutes were considered shameful: most were either slaves or former slaves, or if free by birth relegated to the infames, people utterly lacking in social standing and deprived of most protections accorded to citizens under Roman law.[7] Prostitution thus reflects the ambivalent attitudes of Romans toward pleasure and sexuality.[8]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-14 04:06:14 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-14 03:14
Attack your media first with its magazines full of cleavages and thighs  ...............   

Y ...
Even you yourself claims the right to walk around with your tits pouting and your ass showing for the next fool in your hypocritical nonsense as a human rights issue  ...........

well indeed why do they expose such large ammount of tits?

I'm not objecting to it at all , i'm saying why not cover it as muslims do?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-14 04:07:47 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-11-14 03:42
Yes of course slavery was wrong , but that is history...................since we are at history i ...

Right...so if slavery is now condemned universally, why can't prostitution?

The argument that 'its always been around' doesn't mean squat to me.

There were a lot of things that 'always were around' that are not now.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-14 04:09:07 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-14 03:14
Attack your media first with its magazines full of cleavages and thighs  ...............   

Y ...

There is nothing wrong with making yourself attractive to the opposite sex.

I'm not against sex.  Sex is great.  Men should be attracted to women and visa versa.

Nothing wrong with that.  We're human beings...that's how we roll.

But I do agree with your point on the media and exploitation.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-14 04:11:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-11-14 04:14
JFenix Post time: 2012-11-14 04:07
Right...so if slavery is now condemned universally, why can't prostitution?

The argument that 'it ...

Because unlike slavery prostitution is legal registered business in many countries and as long as person is not forced to it you have no right to interfere.

What two consenting adults do is not your business.

do they do it for free and for love or do they do it in exchange for something it is not relevant.

Many famous females today did it to step up ladder and get at a top of food chain.

it doesn't have to be for money................you can not criminalise everything you dislike.

live and let others live.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-14 04:14:04 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-11-14 04:09
There is nothing wrong with making yourself attractive to the opposite sex.

I'm not against sex.  ...
But I do agree with your point on the media and exploitation.

should we ban media or just  put only females with burqua in it?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-11-14 04:33:31 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-11-14 04:14
should we ban media or just  put only females with burqua in it?

What do you think?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.