Author: St_George

How much Tax should the rich pay ?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-11-10 13:55:54 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-11-9 21:33
Communists do not have the option of not paying taxes you..... bone head....taxes are collected at ...

It seems we have a groveling contest started in this thread.
The puppies have their rumps down and their little balls are dragging the floor.
I wonder which will be the first to wet.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-10 13:57:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-11-10 12:40
"Things are not as black and white as ... would have it..." sayeth The Hermit. Then he hollers:

The subject of making money, and the damage that does to the economy, I think we have exhausted. Either you do not read my answers to your posts, or you suffer from senile dementia.

The poor get poorer so that the rich will get richer..... it is a fact of life.....resources are not unlimited.. only the clever idiots believe that they are.

The price of everything can be reduced to wages+profit, we all know where the wages come from ..... but where does the profit?
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-10 13:59:33 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-11-10 12:35
What an aphorism of truthfulness!

By the same token then the "1% versus the 99%" stats so readily ...

Benefits claimants here got an above inflation rise in income last year while workers pay was either frozen or cut.

That commie economies do not work is more apparent now than ever.  Even in Castro's Cuba in fact he recently said so himself.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-11-10 14:22:57 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-11-9 21:57
The subject of making money, and the damage that does to the economy, I think we have exhausted. E ...

As the good sociologist, Fei Xiaotong once said:
"The landlord cannot find a way to eliminate the tenant and get income directly from the land
but the tenant can cultivate the land without the assistance of the landlord."
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-10 14:40:21 |Display all floors
Obama wants to increase Federal Taxes on the richest from 35% to about 39%, a similar ploy worked for Bill Clinton and he got balanced budgets though he didn't have the huge national debt Obama has now.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-10 14:40:26 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2012-11-10 10:43
one thing I can never work out is when they do "Free trade agreemnets' is that they never come to an ...

that is a core of the problem.

one country can't fix this on it's own , if every country offer low tax rate in order to attractk capital than we are going down the cliff.....it is race toward a bottom but good for wealthy investors they can play it around the globe getting best of both worlds.

global system as it is can't survive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-10 16:29:06 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-11-10 14:40
that is a core of the problem.

one country can't fix this on it's own , if every country offer lo ...

That sums it up really, they just switch liquidity to the markets most favourable to their business at the time.

You can argue that globalisation has spread wealth around the world though, its just that the Capitalists-the BIG one's gain most from it.

So then we're back to the Tax question.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.