Author: LaughsatYou

Why the Democratic Coalition is Doomed   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-9 07:05:44 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 07:43:27 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-11-9 07:05
Retailers used to be small local places that would hire young people at relatively similar simil ...
Retailers used to be small local places that would hire young people at relatively similar similar wages. Now we have these people who are of all ages looking for long term work and corporate benefits like they are factory workers or office workers? Sorry, they have neither the skills or work load of either and they are trying to raise families here?

Well now there is the rub....

Used to be kids could get a pretty decent job at a factory right out of college.  They could earn enough wages to raise a family.  I live in Ohio.  I have seen how many manufacturing jobs we have lost.  There are entire towns that depended on these factories for employment.

The manufacturing jobs were lost, they say, because the unions demanded too much.  Perhaps they did and maybe we can't use that model anymore.  But what I am saying is those numbers you are reading about the increase in spending, they are caused for a reason.  

People need healthcare.  There is nothing suspicious about showing up to a job and needing healthcare.  That's insane.  What if you get in an accident?  And since we have shifted that burden on the private sector - we are pretty much stuck at the mercy of our employment benefits.  What is the alternative?  Universal healthcare?  Personally, I think it makes since to take this burden off of the employer.  Why is it their responsibility?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 08:19:53 |Display all floors
Funny or there is a reason Reagan and Bush leaves a mess and Clinton leaves a surplus? Laugh?

I think you voted for Rombley.....bad call.

A responsible man, a responsible party  will be responsible.

An ideologue, an extremist party will only leave a mess.....

And a Rombley that seems to have no anchor except that he wants to be President and a boss party that wants to cut taxes at a time of extreme deficits....a party that mixes religion with politics can't be the country of the founding principles.

Rombley the 47% man........by right the polls should show he has lost election after the revelation.   The fact that it did not go the way it ought to, .....this shows the electorate in USA is of a lower standard than other developed countries.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 09:42:17 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-9 01:53
Yes ..........  !

You need to watch 'Revolts'R'Us  ...............

Or a paid protestandist.......
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 09:50:36 |Display all floors
Who stole the American dream?
By the way, just to set the record straight, O has been the proverbial "godsend" for the stock market and Wall Street, no other presidents came near. Proof? Just look at all the stock indices since 2008.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 09:50:36 |Display all floors
Who stole the American dream?
By the way, just to set the record straight, O has been the proverbial "godsend" for the stock market and Wall Street, no other presidents came near. Proof? Just look at all the stock indices since 2008.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 09:52:07 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-11-9 01:43
Return to gold standard.?

That must be the whackest idea no serious economists  is considering in ...

I am not qualified to discuss economics with you, but there is a lot to be said, about the stability the gold standard may provide.

To my knowledge, Ron Paul was not insistent on the gold standard, but was willing to consider any system instilling confidence and stability in the economy.

He was right to attack the Fed. Most ills emanate from the policies pursued by the Fed.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.