Author: LaughsatYou

Why the Democratic Coalition is Doomed   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-8 22:00:40 |Display all floors
And then there are the Internet favorites like Peter Schiff and Ron Paul......they seem crazy to me....got a loose nut in their brains.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-8 22:04:18 |Display all floors
And then, there are old hands like Joe Biden.....he seems very dependable, very reliable, very mainstream.....I can trust my investments with his management.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-8 22:43:13 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-11-8 21:43
No, his party was flawed. Romney was just a man, and he wouldn't have done any worse of a job than ...

Obama is actually going to be better for foreign policy but worse economically and domestically.

Thats the way centre-left politics is usually perceived but Bill Clinton raisedTaxes at the top end.

And he got results, so Obama has a lot of data to aid the cause of improving the economy for more Americans.  I think he's smart enough to use it.

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-8 22:44:14 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 00:26:38 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-11-8 20:58
It is all in the budget, we are spending far more on welfare of all kinds than ever before, and  ...

Part of the reason we are spending more on welfare is because of companies like Walmart who use the government to subsidize their benefit package.  As one of the largest private employers in the US, a large percentage of their employees are getting either a medical card or foodstamps due to their employee policies.  You have to be with Walmart a year before getting health insurance for example.

Back in the day, companies provided more benefits and more pensions making it easier for people to live  - so less dependency on government.  Today, companies say they can no longer do that and labor unions are the pinnacle of all evil for trying to get a living wage for their workers.  So the end result is - that is being made up by government programs.  Fewer and fewer companies these days offer pension plans or extended insurance benefits after you retire.  This is causing a big drain on the government.

So you have to look at the big picture.  What is NOT happening is people getting on welfare, having six kids, cable TV, alcoholic live-in boyfriends and it goes on for generations.  That is what used to happen until welfare reform.  Now you have to work in order to get cash benefits - its made very temporary.

So what we need to come to reality on is that if companies can no longer afford to pay good wages like they used to and a slew of benefits that lasted on after retirement, and if people are going to the government to compensate......then we should probably raise taxes on the job creators to offset the costs.

To your point on the bible belt conservatives - liberals want nothing to do with them.  We could not go after their vote as their core beliefs are not in line with liberal values (and frankly, christian values IMO).  There would be no democratic party if they pandered to the anti-abortion folk.

Mitt may of been a moderate.  I believe he is.  But the party is no longer moderate and he has to please the party.  That is where I saw him.  He couldn't even talk about some of the plans or successes of his governorship as they were too moderate for his party.

If the republican party acted more moderate, it wouldn't of scared off so many other moderates that were disappointed in Obama's presidency.  He could of had all those votes.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 00:37:56 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-11-8 22:44
Your investments are best served with the best economy, sorry but welfare/social spending oriented ...

Character and integrity.

Even the body language of that Rombley guy is a bit smelly.

Looks like a sly guy with so many lies and never knowing what he stands for for.....except that want to be President.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 01:08:09 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-11-8 20:58
It is all in the budget, we are spending far more on welfare of all kinds than ever before, and  ...
They want to reduce the deficit, and where else do the cuts come from? Don't you realize those entitlements are by FAR the largest part of our budget and only set to get so much larger? Are you saying nothing should be done when we face a crises the way we do know in several ways?

It has to be fair.  We all need to shoulder the burden and work together to get the deficit down.

If there are going to be cuts in entitlements, there must also be raises in taxes.

In that way, the burden is redistributed more evenly instead of just taking it off the backs of the most vulnerable.

You would get less bitching about making cuts if it wasn't so one-sided.  Why only look to fck the poor and needy to pay down the debt?

We also need sharp cuts in our military spending.  The fact that Romney said he wanted to INCREASE spending while we are winding down a war seems a bit insane.  Why not benefit from the savings of not having to pay for a war?  Why increase spending elsewhere?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.