Author: LaughsatYou

Why the Democratic Coalition is Doomed   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-8 20:04:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by JFenix at 2012-11-8 20:05

The republican party went mad during this election.  Since the emergence of the Tea Party, conservatives have grown far more conservative and have seemingly gone back in time to the 60's or something.

I heard talk of welfare like we never had welfare reform in this country.  You can't live off of welfare anymore and just keep having babies.  That ended with Clinton.  You can get 3 years max cash benefits for your lifetime.  Hardly a situation where you can just quit your job and live off of welfare as they try to portray it.

They harped on entitlements and branded half the nation as lazy and blood suckers.  Not cool - especially after so many lost their jobs or are under-employed.

They pointed their finger at any receiving benefits as the CAUSE of our financial crisis which couldn't be further from the truth.  

They want to pay back the debt off the backs of the poorest and most vulnerable in our society by cutting entitlements.

But a tax increase to the wealthy?  OFF the table.

IMO - we ALL have to take a hit and do what is needed to be done to get our economy back.

Having a policy where only our most vulnerable is targeted while the most wealthy feel nothing?

How is this fair?

And why talk about abortion and birth control in 2012?  Seriously?  How embarrassing to our country to hear such talk from these politicians.  They sound barbaric and cruel.  'Legitimate rape' doesn't result in pregnancy because women's bodies have defenses against it?  So all the rape babies born weren't conceived in a LEGITMATE rape - obviously she must of liked it in order to get pregnant.  FOOLS!

If the republicans had not come off so extreme and focused on the economy and real solutions, they probably would of won.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-8 20:58:02 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-8 21:01:17 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-11-8 20:04
The republican party went mad during this election.  Since the emergence of the Tea Party, conservat ...

The Republicans nominated the wrong candidate.

They would have stood a better chance with Ron Paul.

But as it is it doesn't matter, it will be more of the same.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-8 21:33:18 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-11-8 21:01
The Republicans nominated the wrong candidate.

They would have stood a better chance with Ron Pa ...

Rombley is flawed candidate

Ron Paul seems crazy.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-8 21:43:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-8 21:51:53 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-11-8 21:43
No, his party was flawed. Romney was just a man, and he wouldn't have done any worse of a job than ...

That is what you think.

But I think  Republican President  especially a flawed character who seems very dishonest and got dark secrets.......he did not reveal his tax filings before 2010..........I think he is just a rich kid with a few lucky breaks.......will be worse for the economy.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-8 21:59:03 |Display all floors
As an investor, I am very comfortable with a social activists with the brains of Obama as the President......proven in last 4 years.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.