Author: vincent01

Is Barack Obama's re-election good news for China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-7 22:15:38 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-11-7 21:33
What I'm wondering is rather, if the USA are now going to join the Eurozone

Seriously, I am di ...

I don't see us adopting european models.  We're just too stubborn and independent for that.

I think we have a good blend of capitalism and social services.

I'm pretty liberal, and I'm not out pushing the european model...well, I do like Germany's health care system and education.

Much of the debt we incurred was due to two things: the wars and capitalism gone wild.  The pure deceit and dirty practices that got us into the housing crisis and all the extreme excesses - that in part has been fixed by regulations.  But not to the point where it strangles business or innovation.

During the auto bail-out, execs flew into washington in private jets asking for handouts.  They got it - but with some strings....and it worked.  Jobs were saved and the industry is reporting more profits than losses.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 22:23:31 |Display all floors
i think it will be same no matter Obama or Romney win election.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 22:31:42 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-11-7 21:33
What I'm wondering is rather, if the USA are now going to join the Eurozone

Seriously, I am di ...

I do not buy into the Republican , Libertarian arguments.

Obama, Democrats......just like Clinton is in a better position to solve the American deficit problem...........

What I like about Obama is that he is a very good problem solver.........he is a smart , practical man.

America is very lucky.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 22:32:15 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-11-7 22:15
I don't see us adopting european models.  We're just too stubborn and independent for that.

I thi ...

The illogicall thing about Capitalist lending practices is that the poorest people are charged the highest interest rates on their loans-sub-prime.

But if they're poor to start with there must be a greater chance of default on their loans by charging them more than those who can more easily afford to repay.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 22:37:43 |Display all floors
not sure. maybe its not .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 22:50:17 |Display all floors
Much of the debt we incurred was due to two things: the wars and capitalism gone wild.  The pure deceit and dirty practices that got us into the housing crisis and all the extreme excesses - that in part has been fixed by regulations.  But not to the point where it strangles business or innovation.

I do find US statistics rather confusing and can neither verify nor falsify your allegations... however, I find it hard to believe that defense spending was responsible for the 5 trilion Dollar rise in debts during the past four years, as defense budget only rose marginally during that period.
How much did the USA spend on saving banks? I only know about the Fannie Mae / Freddy Mac spending of 110 billion Dollars (which, as far as I am concerned don't even account for public debts, as these companies are also assets - the governmnet buying businesses is, in my opinion, just another Europeanization), but I am aware that there is probably more. I just can't find reliable numbers... everything is so over-political and all statistics are obfuscated by the publishers in their interests so that reading them became really a pain.

Why do you attribute those 5 trillion debts to defense and banks? Do you know a good website where you can get neutral statitics and time series for the budgets of various federal?
And what's the point for the USA in having a debt ceiling if the congress always raises it? I don't get that...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 23:27:48 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-11-7 22:50
I do find US statistics rather confusing and can neither verify nor falsify your allegations... ho ...

There are two issues.

Country deficits and government deficits., collectively called twin deficits.

I look around the world and what I see is that America is in better shape than almost all countries in the world.

No big deal.

But pushing the economy into recession is not the way to solve the problem.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.