Views: 4825|Replies: 15

Hurricane Sandy Was Not A Result Of Ocean Global Warming [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-3 04:05:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2012-11-3 03:11

NOAA Confirms Hurricane Sandy Was Not A Result Of Ocean Global Warming, nor CO2

The NCDC (an agency of NOAA) publishes global ocean temperature records, which confirm that global warming of the oceans did not cause Hurricane Sandy - in fact, their most recent temperature measurements reveal that ocean temperatures have actually remained flat over last 15 years (thru September 2012), while CO2 levels have increased

The chart on the left is a plot of global ocean temperatures for the 15-year period (180 months) ending September 2012. Clearly, since late 1997, global warming of the oceans has not happened and thus can not be the cause of Hurricane Sandy. (Unfortunately, some incredibly dishonest politicians and pundits have actually stated that anthropogenic global warming was the cause.)

The plot on the right represents ocean temperatures for the 15-year period ending September 1997. This chart depicts a modest warming trend of ocean waters, including an increase of CO2 levels.

When comparing the two different 15-year time periods, the following can be ascertained:

• CO2 levels for 15-year period ending Sept 2012: Increased by 30 ppm
    • Ocean linear temperature trend equates to: +0.007 degree increase by year 2100
      • Polynomial trend and 3-year average indicate a cooling is in process

• CO2 levels for the 15-year period ending Sept 1997: Increased by 22 ppm
    • Ocean linear temperature trend equates to: +1.10 degree increase by year 2100
      • Polynomial trend and 3-year average confirmed a warming trend during this previous 15-year period
Conclusions: The growing increases of atmospheric CO2 levels have not caused a global warming of the oceans over the last 15 years. Global warming was not the cause of Hurricane Sandy, which was essentially a typical weather hurricane that naturally occurs.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-3 11:51:24 |Display all floors
you want to learn about ocean science?

go visit NOAA web site.............

that is where the best of ocean science can be found................not from some Repugnant web sites that owes no body any duty to show the science......................
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-3 13:41:17 |Display all floors

damage from Sandy alone is $ 50 billion.

and the rat wants to play word games.........................................

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-3 14:30:10 |Display all floors
Hurricane Sandy Was Not A Result Of Ocean Global Warming ?

I think you should stop urinating in this forum, because it cause the Oceans to overflow.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-3 17:08:18 |Display all floors
Rats want to hijack the ocean scientists........

But I think each of the ocean scientists have their own reasons to kill rats.

Each of them is an environmentalists and each of them already know man's activities are killing the oceans.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-4 03:18:25 |Display all floors

RE: Hurricane Sandy Was Not A Result Of Ocean Global Warming

This post was edited by sansukong at 2012-11-4 02:58

Bob Carter, ICCC7

Published on 13 Jun 2012 by HeartlandTube

The theme of the 7th International Conference on Climate Change was "RealScience
, Real Choices." We featured approximately 50 scientists and policy experts speaking at plenary sessions and panel discussions exploring what real climate science is telling us about the causes and consequences of climate change, and the real consequences of choices being made based on the current perceptions of the state of climate science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vop4FtP4_6U

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-4 03:31:02 |Display all floors
Who cares? If it wasn't it doesn't mean that "global warming is a hoax".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.