Author: JustAQuestion

Question about chinese women respect for the elder..   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-27 17:55:19 |Display all floors
It would seem the only solution is to marry her and remove her from her environment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-27 18:03:22 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2012-10-27 17:55
It would seem the only solution is to marry her and remove her from her environment.

thanks for the reply..

that's our plan.. :)  but I don't think that the old guy would care whether the woman he's molesting is married or not. She loves the work there, the environment.. even the talks to the guy.. only thing that spoils the whole thing is his behaviour.

I know all the aspects.. I can't comprehend why she's not strongly opposing his molesting. The only clue and answer I receive is the respect. And I'm trying to figure out whether it is a plausible explanation. I'm confident to say that it wouldn't be for western women.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-27 21:24:59 |Display all floors
well,it's not that hard to solve this problem.just find a new job which can give your gf the same payment to your gf.if u really do that,and your gf are still unwilling to resign,then maybe the so-called reason your gf give u is just an excuse,its her own business.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-27 21:38:40 |Display all floors
I think your girlfriend is a very nice girl. May I ask what kind of job does she do? Why does she work for an so old guy?
Additional if you love her trust her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-27 21:55:25 |Display all floors
jerrylim Post time: 2012-10-27 21:24
well,it's not that hard to solve this problem.just find a new job which can give your gf the same pa ...

I agree with you, nobody in china respect an old man like that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-27 21:58:50 |Display all floors
Seneca.. thank you for your post.. very valuable, actually..

some points make think.. like does she think she owes him..I don't she owes him anything.. he bought some things that she produced.. at a price that was declared.. so no more "owing" to the guy than to any other that bought her products.

Which leads me back to her explanation. "respect for the elder"

is there any traditionally raised down-to-the-core chinese woman here that could just tell me "impossible" or "could be".. I'm trying to stay sane here..

she's gone there a few times over the years and the old guy is just taking more and more liberties with her. She did say that she wants to use his contacts.. but using some clients contacts does not mean that one has such a leverage.. for me, it would be okay to sell next thing with discount.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-27 22:03:12 |Display all floors
jerrylim..thanks..

not that easy.. as you can see in my reply to seneca.. there's more involved.. and as I said.. she likes it there.. likes to talk to the old guy.. learning things.. contacts..  she's disgusted with what the old guy is doing.. but yet she doesn't stop it.. "can't" stop it..

The job there is just for a few weeks.. usually she's working here..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.