Views: 11456|Replies: 27

RMB has been rising again   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-26 15:07:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tracyliu1987108 at 2012-10-26 15:09

Today's exchange rate:1USD =6.2511RMB
This is just the figure written on Baidu.com, in reality, in trade, we are counting it as 6.2, or just 6.
I remember last time I preapared a quotation, the rate was  6.3. And not so long ago, it was 6.35.
I see RMB is approaching the "6" era. For export, the price of all the goods are rising. We all know, China is exporting most of the goods relying on low price advantage. But now we are losing the advantage. We are having pressure in export.

Sow low-price era will be gone,day by day. And all we need to do,if we still want to export goods, is to design&manufacture something new,something special. How long will that take?? We are already making less money now.

And,how long will RMB be rising? Will it reach or pass 6??
I'm posting it again in Chinese economy column,because: 1.My thread has been eaten,I can't find it in all the columns. 2.I posted in the wrong column,so I want to try again.
I want to exit from CD

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-26 15:38:29 |Display all floors
Domestic market is getting more and more important as the RMB rate rises versus US$

Already BPD, EURO, A$, C$ and probably soon S$ will EXCEED US$ valuation!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-26 15:42:22 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2012-10-26 15:38
Domestic market is getting more and more important as the RMB rate rises versus US$

Already BPD, EU ...

are u sure? domestic market can make up for the export loss??
I want to exit from CD

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-26 15:54:23 |Display all floors
tracyliu1987108 Post time: 2012-10-26 15:42
are u sure? domestic market can make up for the export loss??

The RMB is still fully managed by the CCP and allowed to fluctuate against the dollar within a narrow band.

If its risen its because they've allowed it too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-26 16:06:40 |Display all floors
Hurdy-Gurdy Post time: 2012-10-26 15:54
The RMB is still fully managed by the CCP and allowed to fluctuate against the dollar within a nar ...

Not they allowed it, america wants it to rise. America doesn't care what will happen to China economy. They claim China is manipulating its currency, but isn't america himself attemping to seek profit for its people by any means, e.g., by starting wars to grab some oil resources? America borrows so much money from other countirs, they are living of others' work, they don't give a sh!t about their creditors' lwell-being,they don't even bother to say "thank you", do they? We are losing money in trade,we are losing the business, will amelica buy our debts? Go dreaming..
I want to exit from CD

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-26 16:29:29 |Display all floors
tracyliu1987108 Post time: 2012-10-26 16:06
Not they allowed it, america wants it to rise. America doesn't care what will happen to China econ ...

Now you're bringing politics into the discussion.

The RMB has always been pegged to the USD because it suited China as WELL as America because they liked and got hooked on cheap imports.

The RMB is now pegged to a basket of currencies still with a bias to the dollar.

China is doing what IT wants to do to suit its trade ploicy just as the US is doing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-26 18:19:53 |Display all floors
Hurdy-Gurdy Post time: 2012-10-26 16:29
Now you're bringing politics into the discussion.

The RMB has always been pegged to the USD becau ...

China should,we should
I want to exit from CD

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.