Author: 1584austin

24% of UK babies born to immigrants   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-3 09:36:29 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-11-3 09:17
That's too bad, cuz' I rather doubt publlic opinion here in either country could successfully fake ...

LOL The British tabloids have used similar tactics regarding the 48 hour week. The British worker was told..... "These are rules imposed by the French and the Germans and we must show them we do not take orders from them...... Rule Britannia!".  
And the workers said....... "right in that case we shall work 70 hours per week........ and for no extra pay...that will show them"....
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-3 09:57:00 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-11-2 22:26
Maggie did force rebates out of them and i think she'd know how best to deal with the EU now.  Lov ...

Enoch Powell was an intellectual giant...... by comparison to any British politician past or present....

Yes granted Maggie was a strong leader...Her cabinet allegedly called her "Daggers" and a member was asked by a reporter whether it was because of the steely piercing looks she gave.....the minister replied...."No nothing as bad as that......Daggers as in Dagenham ......two stops from....Barking".
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-3 20:03:49 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-11-3 09:17
That's too bad, cuz' I rather doubt publlic opinion here in either country could successfully fake ...

Britain is a big net contributor to the EU and always has been, 17 of the of the 27 member states are net takers.

So a defection by us isn't in their interests, especially not the political classes and their Brussels gravy Train.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.