Views: 3513|Replies: 13

Enjoy one day in the world [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-10-23 10:16:16 |Display all floors
On May 15th 2012, ADay.org asked people around the world to pick up their cameras and take a photograph.

What returned was an extraordinary collection of images - from the simple image of a mother feeding her baby in Pennsylvania, to the lonely image of an Inuit Eskimo fishing in Greenland.

The images will be published online and in a book (well, 1,000 of them) - and also locked in a copper mine in Sweden, giving future historians a glimpse of just one day on our planet.(Daily Mail)
1.jpg

7:39am in Carrollwood, Florida: 'With lives already full of demands on their time, my children make the most of their morning commute to a Jewish private school in Tampa, Florida. My 12-year-old son, Ethan, is quizzing my eight-year-old daughter, Miriam, on this week's spelling list. In between words, he debugs the video game he's writing on his Mac' Photo: Jeffrey Hinds

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 10:16:49 |Display all floors

09:54: This is my partner Michael Kristensen with the dogs near the Daneborg base on Young Sund Fjord. The dogs are Greenland Sled Dogs. They are gentle but untamed and spend the entire year outdoors. We plan our route by first dropping supplies by plane or boat. Photo: Jesper Michael

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 10:17:21 |Display all floors

16:45pm: 42 Saratov, Russia: The youngest members of the Saratov Ensemble rehearsing Russian folk songs for a forthcoming concert. They are playing single-row accordions with two bells, called Saratovskaya garmonicas after the city. At the piano is the ensemble director, Yevgeny Jarkin. The boys are aged between five and seven and have been playing for a year. Photo: Yuri Mamulin

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 10:17:42 |Display all floors

15:19: Salome Manuel has worked for 15 years at the Creek Road Market in Nigeria, selling okporoko (stockfish) caught in the creeks and rivers that flow down through southern Nigeria to the Atlantic. The dried fish ' red snapper and more ' are a popular feature of Nigerian cuisine, prepared by soaking and softening in stew. Photo: Jide Odukoya

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 10:21:58 |Display all floors
1.jpg

15 Gorey, Wexford, Ireland, 09:51'Some of my friends are Travellers and occasionally I look after their horses.
'This pony is Lodger, who was lent to us four months ago.
'I have tried not to fall in love with her since the owner might sell her some day, but she’s captured my heart.'
Photo: Heather Cody

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 10:23:21 |Display all floors
1.jpg

5 Denver, Colorado, USA, 10:37'
My breakfast and the pug that coveted it. The dog’s name is Buella, and 'she belongs to my boyfriend’s cousin, Jenni.
Buella was right there, wanting my breakfast.
'I don’t think that Cinnamon Toast Crunch and a bagel with strawberry cream cheese particularly whet a dog’s appetite.'
Photo: Rebbecca Romine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 10:23:44 |Display all floors

12:58: When the Costa Concordia ran aground on 13 January 2012, the tiny island of Giglio suddenly found itself at the centre of a crisis. The islanders rose to the challenge, helping to rescue people at sea, then taking drenched and terrified survivors into their homes. Perhaps their kindness counterbalanced the infamy of the ship's captain, Francesco Schettino, who faces trial on charges of multiple manslaughter, causing a shipwreck, and abandoning ship. Of the 4,252 passengers on the cruise ship, 32 died. Somewhat uncomfortably, Giglio now finds itself a focus for disaster tourism. Photo: Jack Mikrut

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.