Views: 11749|Replies: 20

[Photos] TaiShan - not planed sunday trip [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-22 13:19:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2012-10-22 13:27

Sunday. Nice, warm morning.
I was standing on the bus stop. Waiting for line 3 city bus, to go on the other side of the river, to the old Kaiping.

But another bus came first. In the beat of the heart I decided to go.
Bus was to the TaiShan - small city near Kaiping, so I knew that there is good communication and there will be some ways to come back.

Typical chinese bus...

with the route of many small stops...

... and having some off-road experience

...to the outskirts of Taishan. Where "auxilary" buss station is located.

When walking toward a City centre (direction where I saw some tall buildings), I passed some add...

... OK. I though that Austin is a ThePig, and His name is written a little different... but I'm not into small details, so I planed to have a lunch there.

After maybe 10 minutes of boring walk along 90's "standard living blocks" (if You know what I mean) I came to the communication centre of the TaiShan City - Bus station.

Wide streets, and... very few people, comparing to KaiPing. City like made on the baloon - thin, and filled with hot air...
And "usual" set of people around.

Small cut-thru this city... Old wall, a lot of living-blocks, and few office buildings.

And here is the "sorting facility" of local express-mail company.
Have to remember to never use their service!.

Yes... You see exactly sorting process - by throwing things on a large distance. Maybe some sport?

And here... I have no idea who was he, probably some witch-doctor, shaman or somebody like this.

After a whilie (checking first a few directions...) I found the commercial centre in "old city" that consist of few narrow streets, around one big building with a mall in it.

... where I finaly found Austin's restaurant.

Pizza in menu looked so tasty, and when cost of only 18 RMB - I expected some dissapointment.
And there was it...

But burger with prawns was delicious!

After the lunch - some walking around in "better" living district.

... under the bridge passage, that was obviously a sleeping place for some moto-taxi drivers

to the district, where modern (about 90's) buildings was hiding between them real history of this place.

few shots on the other side of the river also shows marriage between past and present, or more likely... two sides of the city

There are probably not to many amusement for a child in there. Maybe some man burning some things (smells like plastics) was one of the most interresting things?

Not having best trip in my life (definitely) I rushed back toward the bus station when I Arrived few hours before, having a hope that around there may be something interresting (I saw a tower on the hill, maybe there?).

Another look on sad living district - here exactly shows, how few old buildings are hidden between new ones.
Why?

And some traditional transportation - not usuall in cities.

Going to the park on the hill, I passed vew other views of small city ...

People having a lunchbreak just sitting around.

Alley of old trees (this was a nice one).

And combined workshops of wheel-repair (at the front), and hairdressing (under another umbrellas).

Then - was the park itself...

but there was no way to enter the tower, even after lunch time.

so... I walked back between other towers

having a last look of "unreachable"...

and back to the bus

sightseeing from the window some country-views

"offroading"

and kids doing their homework on their parents workshop

And it was the end with this "adventure".

General impression of TaiShan? Oversized village.
Like cancer, that by its rapid growth lost the shape of healt body.

But maybe next sunday I'll choose another direction?

Depands, what bus will come first.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 13:59:43 |Display all floors
Some good food comes from Taishan.  Much better than the standard bland Cantonese food.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-10-22 14:13:56 |Display all floors
Aoustin tastes good so I have been told.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-10-22 14:14:33 |Display all floors
good pics bro

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 14:17:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2012-10-22 14:17
grb Post time: 2012-10-22 13:59
Some good food comes from Taishan.  Much better than the standard bland Cantonese food.

maybe, maybe... but general impression of the city itself was - baloon with hot air in it

If I was travelling by the car or bike - I would go closer to the coast to hunt for some seafood :)
but - it was just a few hours bus trip, and the trip of laowai with at best survival communication level

"wo jao qu, kai ping, gong gong qi che zai nar?" when asking where is the bus at bus station... as a sample (probably I also misspelled pinyin...)

when I'll learn more, or will travel with chinese-speaking friendly soul... things may be seen in brighter light :)
and for sure... I'll see more

_____

and what dishes would You advise?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 14:20:23 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2012-10-22 14:13
Aoustin tastes good so I have been told.

I wouldn't fancy in tasting Austin (no offence...) but as a restaurant - that Aoastin is OK, if You don't want to taste some "more western" dishes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 14:20:31 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2012-10-22 14:17
maybe, maybe... but general impression of the city itself was - baloon with hot air in it

If I was ...

Eel fried rice!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.