Author: laoda1

Russia To Keep Nuclear Arms Ready For Action : Putin [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-22 21:09:52 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-10-22 12:27
so jew of you , so hatefull so Russophobic..........c'mon don't be like that with all gas Germans  ...

No, I like russian, for true, you confuse everything. And also, I'm not jew. I even not clear of what it means...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 21:20:19 |Display all floors
just to keep the balance. i ok this

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 21:34:30 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-10-22 20:30
Russia was seen as the 'liberator of Eastern Europe from the Nazis and it was expected by the alli ...

Nope, you don't... liberate, however, is something of a euphemism if the end result is an enforced loss of sovereignty for those "liberated" nations.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-22 22:14:09 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-10-22 21:34
Nope, you don't... liberate, however, is something of a euphemism if the end result is an enforced ...

Well my dear forum colleague  ..........

Russia liberated Eastern Europe from Nazi rule and this was celebrated by all except Germans maybe  ......

Stalin had promised elections in those countries at Yalta, but the events which followed in S. Korea from 1945 -1948 showed Stalin that Western ideals of democracy meant eliminating anyone who would vote communist and even banning the Communist Party and at that stage I believe he understood that democracy is only for those who will vote the correct way. Therefore, maybe he believed that instead of holding farcical one-sided elections it was easier to just put his puppets in place as the US had done  in S. Korea  ........

Certainly it would have saved a lot of time, effort and BS  ..........     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 22:51:59 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-10-22 22:14
Well my dear forum colleague  ..........

Russia liberated Eastern Europe from Nazi rule and this  ...

Hmm

So...he saved the East from the West by placing himself in charge because he was afraid of what would happen to the East if they voted in a way that the West didn't appreciate - thereby achieving what he feared the West would enact by removing the choice of the people of those countries to make their own decisions.

What a funny old world.

It's obvious that Eastern Europe welcomed liberation from the Nazis. They also welcomed liberation from the Russian's in the 90s...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-22 23:14:06 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-10-22 22:51
Hmm

So...he saved the East from the West by placing himself in charge because he was afraid of wh ...
It's obvious that Eastern Europe welcomed liberation from the Nazis. They also welcomed liberation from the Russian's in the 90s...

We are in total agreement here  ..........   

I hope to spend some time on the roots of the Cold War some when in the future as it is a fascinating period post WWII. My main problem is if I post a serious thread here I have to have all the citation to hand because I am normally brutally criticised for having the temerity not to spout the accepted media line. In addition, my threads on matters like that are normally spammed so that any content becomes disjointed.

S. Korea is a great example of how 'consent' can be manufactured and most of the information starts there  .............

If I do get that far in the future then I would welcome your comments on that topic .........

Thanks  ................   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 02:12:02 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-10-22 21:34
Nope, you don't... liberate, however, is something of a euphemism if the end result is an enforced ...

are you saying Germany is still ocupied?

in a way that is true US never left Germany , US army is still there.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.