I want to know why some things happen and how to make a change about it.
Usually I like to talk to people wherever I go, friends said I am a good talker and I am a friendly guy. In China I have the same great experiences with local people whoever I started a conversation or for work matters, but unfortunately my Chinese language skills are poor, so my communication with Chinese people is limited in many occasions but local people feel glad after small chat and so did I.
When I found some difficulties in communication I would call my Chinese wife for help. She is a kind of woman who is always open, friendly, open minded, always with good mood and willing to give a hand to anyone, she is not only the person who I deeply love, she is my partner, my supporter, my heart and she is my bless from God.
To make my story short I want to express my disappointment that I experienced my recent years in China.
- When I attended a meeting with Chinese business men, all are fine and friendly. Then, for work matters, I took my wife with me the second time, they did not pay too much attention to her.
- When I talked to my local friends , all were fine in the reception of the conversation with me , but if next time I am with my wife, they are cold, not too friendly and mostly ignored her presence.
- When I walk my dog around our private community, the security guards wave their hands saying "hello " to me, when my wife walks our dog by herself, some of those guards ignore her and if they are in bad mood they complaint about our big dog with nonsense reasons, shouting or in bad manners (it happened few times but it happens).
- When I go to the bank by myself the service i got is excellent and the employees are willing to collaborate with me, when I go with my wife and she ask for some info. they are cold but they give her the info.
- In different occasions my wife called some foreign embassies for visa information and the Chinese people who works in that visa department in those foreign embassies behave nasty and not willing to help, in that occasion I was upset and I made the phone call to complain about it and they simply denied and felt ashamed.
Sometimes when I travel to Europe or Latin America my friends greeted me and the first question they ask is ¨how is your wife?¨, also my family asked about her, it’s the main question my relatives and friends drops.
When I am in China and I meet my local friends, almost nobody ask for my wife, the main question is ¨how is the business?¨
I asked some foreign friends who are married with Chinese women, I told them my experiences and most of them agreed with me, they had the same experiences in different occasions too.
Ok, I don’t want to make a fuss here but I can not tolerate a bad behavior towards my wife or the way they ignore her but show all the kindness for me. It´s not fair this kind of behaviors for the ppl in same country towards each other.