Author: robert237

Religions are poppycock   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-10-8 08:11:14 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-10-7 15:48
If the idea of God is as illogical, as the likes of you would have us believe, then why is it that p ...

You are suffering from the common misconception that religion and God have anything to do with each other.
God has to do with spirituality. Religion is only concerned with making money and subjugating people.
Each and every one of us can believe in God without the need for artificial religions which will invarible ask for money
and place arbitrary rules on our lives. Nobody needs religions to know right from wrong. It's all a sham.
As mankind progresses this will become more obvious to more people. This is why relgions are on the decline.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-8 08:19:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2012-10-8 08:24

And I think, that any government have nothing to do with the religions, until they not interferre with government.

One wants to be a Christian, Buddhist, Islamic, believe in The Mighty God Of Green Cucumber?
Let it be, as long as he/she is a good citizen, and obeys the law.

Any radicalism is what governments should protect its citizens from.

Any radicalism. Religion, and anty-religion. Other too.

Because radicalisms means, that the one who is into it don't see the other options, not even think, that someone ealse can accept it. Not even trying to learn about it (from other then "radical" sources) and to understand.

If the religion is like horse walking with partly covered eyes (that can only see forward), then radicalism is the same horse walking around, but tightened to the pole, with the same way covered eyes.
"Radicalism horse" sees only the path that is limited by the string radius, and that was walked before by him many times.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-8 08:21:00 |Display all floors
Poppycock

Holohoax affirmation is poppycock too.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-8 08:24:16 |Display all floors
A good government has the responsibility to protect its people from danger which includes
subjugation by foreign forces. Religion is just that.
Religion has nothing to do with God or spirituality. It is only for making money and subjugating people.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-8 08:38:41 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-10-8 08:11
You are suffering from the common misconception that religion and God have anything to do with eac ...

Whilst I agree with most of what you say I maintain that some religions were established with the purpose of liberating rather than enslaving.

The founders of religions such as Buddhism or Christianity sought no monetary reward. On the contrary they sought to liberate their followers from material concerns. The fact that their ideas were later co-opted and perverted by others, for the purposes you state, does not necessarily invalidate the original concept.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-8 08:50:04 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-10-7 16:38
Whilst I agree with most of what you say I maintain that some religions were established with the  ...

Regardless if their original intentions (which can't really be proven) they are poison in today's world
and poison for critical thinking.
People are finding out you don't need a middleman between God and yourself.
The middleman has his/her own interests in mind, not yours no matter what sales pitch they offer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-8 09:09:50 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-10-8 08:50
Regardless if their original intentions (which can't really be proven) they are poison in today's  ...

That I accept..
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.