Author: expatter

US Voters Cerebrally Challenged … ?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-21 03:34:53 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-9-20 18:59
No one really cares about China in this election.

that is not true at all , China is blamed for lost jobs by both parties in United States of Kenya

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-21 03:36:40 |Display all floors
NB. This is my own personal point of view which I deem as my right to ‘free-speech’ in a forum.

This has been an interesting week in American politics for the presidential race. Obama is bashing Romney for stating that he does not care about the poorest 47% of the American population, and Romney is lambasting Obama for a seeming lack of improvement in the US economy over the term of the president. What was most noticeable is how Romney and Obama to some extent, focused their rhetoric on China in a very negative manner. Not that this is anything new, but the message they sought to deliver is the most fallacious nonsense ever and leaves one to wonder whether the American public really are cognitively impaired in some way.

Romney specifically set out to rouse voters with these ideas. China has stolen your goods. China has stolen your jobs and China has an artificially high currency, and one must assume here that the inference is that of cheating.

If we look at these three ideas one by one it becomes apparent that this rhetoric is flawed in the extreme and to even use these as an agenda would show that either the politicians or the voters are ‘brain-dead’, or even both.

For example: What goods have China stolen from America? We all know that China is denied any advanced technology by the US so it cannot be that. We also know that Germany, Japan and S. Korea are also very innovative when it comes to products, and we also know that patents are common held knowledge. Therefore, which or what goods have been stolen that only the American public understand without any exemplification or does the mere mention of this make it a factual idea. Curious …….. !

Secondly, they have stolen your jobs and what a ridiculous notion that is. American corporates who incidentally are the same ones who provide the funds for these presidential wannabees closed operations in the US in favour of cheap labour abroad to make more profit for themselves and their share-holders. These American elites and entities care little to nothing for American jobs and in all likelihood how could Chinese companies take American jobs if this were not policy by US politicians and US corporates who support this migration of work with their legislation and policy. A pure fallacy and time for the American public to wake up to the fact that their elites have sold them out and are openly feeding them bovine excrement instead of common sense  ……… !

Finally, the artificial high currency. How on earth can one have an artificially high currency?  A free market will always dictate who will buy what from whom and where? If the price of goods is too high then buy somewhere else if one can. The market will always favour those with the best price or quality unless it cannot be purchased somewhere else, and in that case that price is the market price. Additionally, if the price is too high then that reintroduces incentives to manufacture those same goods at home rather than moaning and grizzling about the price.  Again I think this is another ‘red-herring’ to persuade the American public that their ails are the result of exterior forces and especially China, when in fact the 2008 market crash and the loss of American jobs are all home-made problems. However, instead of the politicians and corporates coming clean about why America is in a mess, they are like professional twisters and spin-doctors playing ‘pass the parcel’ and pointing the finger everywhere except themselves. America is not forced to buy goods from China, but it suits those same elites and corporates who cover their backs with any lie to suit.

What the corporates do not tell the American public is that they do not want irksome employees who interfere with costs. Some workers have rebellions and go on strike, they have serious expensive considerations for health and safety, they need insurance cover, they fall ill and females become pregnant. They steal and slack on the job and generally are very difficult to manage in some cases and all the former affect profit and make it unpredictable. Whereas, when you contract your goods out to another country you get one guaranteed contract price for a delivered item and can therefore predict future profits without all the headaches workers and employment issues give.

Until America faces up to where it is, and how it got there then it will always be run by those who are less than economical with the truth and willing to lead the American sheeple to their next disaster.

I think one of the most amusing aspects is that these same corporates and politicians seem to be in denial when it comes to American issues, and also the fact that China is a main supporter of their ludicrously fragile economy in the form of trillions of dollars in loans.  

Or is that gratitude, American style  ………..     ?

You should do more of this stuff expatter, i enjoyed reading it.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-21 13:10:29 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-9-21 02:49
Well I think what you don't understand is that in many cases wages have been stagnate since the 80 ...

Yes I am in agreement with you here .........

And that was the point of my post or one of them .............

I was reading somewhere the other day that a loaf of bread was $8 ............     

That is shocking .................      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-21 13:11:33 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-9-21 03:36
You should do more of this stuff expatter, i enjoyed reading it.

Thank you  ..........   

You should be on my friends list  ..........   !!

But I am too serious and grumpy sometimes  ...........     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-21 13:42:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Hurdy-Gurdy at 2012-9-21 13:43

For those who say there is no difference between the Dems and Repubs and therefore it doesn't matter which the individual votes for, here is a considerable difference on policy:

Defense: $2 trillion divides Obama and Romney

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- President Obama and Mitt Romney have a big disagreement over defense spending -- up to two trillion dollars' worth.
Obama includes defense cuts in the mix for deficit reduction

They differ quite a lot on foreign and monetary policies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-21 13:56:00 |Display all floors
Hurdy-Gurdy Post time: 2012-9-21 13:42
For those who say there is no difference between the Dems and Repubs and therefore it doesn't matter ...

True ..........

The US defence budget is already a massive 20% of GDP ..........

Obama proposes a tiny cut initially and no increase over 10 years to reach that $2 trillion  .........

Obama and Romney are both jerking with the voters as a proper rational defence budget for the US would only be 4% of GDP in the first place  ........

They are both owned by the elite who run the military budgets and the US is a hypochondriac to defence and war   .........

If they carry on at this rate there will be no America to defend as it will have imploded  .......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-21 14:05:37 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-9-21 02:49
Well I think what you don't understand is that in many cases wages have been stagnate since the 80 ...

Oh  ........  !

I meant to add that the US is no longer ..........

Of the people, by the people, for the people  .........

It is  .........

Of the elite, by the elite, for the elite  .........

I do not know how, but somehow you guys have to get your country back ...........  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.