Author: cd_moderator

US 'will not take sides over islands'?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-18 19:27:57 |Display all floors
BUt the USA has already taken sides - with Japan. Nothing more to say.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 19:55:34 |Display all floors
Aside from puerile racial slurs, dull-minded blaming of 'Yanks' for everything, and monodic fantasies for turning the islands into a rifle range, why don't the good people around give a little more thought to what must be going through the statesmen's and diplomats' heads right now?
How about a little thought of the innocent people on both sides that would be affected by war? Do you take war lightly?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 20:01:15 |Display all floors
Excuse my spelling/grammar errors. I 'm not allowed to edit yet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 20:52:30 |Display all floors
ielts2u Post time: 2012-9-18 16:14
This is frustrating the heck out of people who say the USA is the cause of everything bad in the wor ...

wars should be the last choice for gaining the interest.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 22:36:04 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-9-18 19:38
This is what the Chinese authority should do!

Declare the islands a Chinese territory with the UN.

damn !! .. that is such a brilliant idea !!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-18 23:31:02 |Display all floors
callitasitis Post time: 2012-9-18 22:36
damn !! .. that is such a brilliant idea !!!!

Yes. Starting a war is so intelligent.

I bet you will still think it's a great idea when the US army is stampeding through Beijing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-19 00:11:44 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-9-18 20:12
If you had bother doing a little bit of reading, you will have notes that it was China who more th ...
If you had bother doing a little bit of reading, you will have notes that it was China who more than 30-years ago suggested, and was agreed by the Japanese "to put aside the disputed island issues till some future time....when relationship of the two countries are better", somewhat like the China-Russian border disputes, now almost completely resolved peacefully and amicably.

I'm pretty confident I've read more political and historical tomes than you ever will. But that's just a guess.

In any case, I was referring to the lack of quality or analysis on the part of the posters here, regarding the current incident. While I agree that the Japanese government is the one to take the blame here for their continual provocation, I certainly said nothing about about Japan in general one way or another. While we're on the subject though, instead of treating Japan like its a mono-brained pariah, it's far more useful to point out that it's the right wing elements of Japan that have gotten the country into this mess. They are on the rise and quite dangerous. On the other hand, there is the hope (that I shall retain, optimist that I am) that while things may get worse before they get better, Japan will come to see the futility of jingoism and pursue more reasonable, conciliatory diplomacy with its neighbors.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.